• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man: Ditko or Romita?

Better Spider-Man: Ditko or Romita?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Better Spider-Man: Ditko or Romita?

44 posts in this topic

Hi,

As the other poster mentioned, I don't want prior voting to influence newer votes. I've been around this hobby a long time, and one thing I've found out.... there are a lot of sheeps out there.

Best,

I've been around this hobby a long time, and one thing I've found out.... there are a lot of sheeps out there.

thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

What they said.

Baaaaaaaaa for now!

i go for ditko! ditko has magic in his work. Its from the heart, personal & flawed. Romita is wonderful and polished and draws wonderfully, and i love him. but if it comes down to it, i have to go with ditko. Its like picking Rosseau over Rembrandt because magic is more interesting then realism.

i have to go with ditko. Its like picking Rosseau over Rembrandt because magic is more interesting then realism.

Nicely put. thumbsup2.gif

I agree.

me too. Plus Spidey's anatomy was more real by Ditko. Far more realistic foreshortening etc. It's Ditkos backgrounds that are so stylisticly unique. (which is another way of saying UN-realistic)