• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 101

17 posts in this topic

Hi, I have some difficulties in grading this ASM copy. Overall appearance is very nice, front cover lays almost perfectly flat. Colors are sharp, gloss is good. Corners are quite nice, main problems are color-breaking creases on the spine; moderate creasing on the back cover. I tried to picture the main defects in close-up shots.

The inside pages showing up seem to be due to a binding defect, staples are super-firm and I am absolutely sure no one tampered with them.

I bought it as a F/VF 7.0, not sure if it is spot on or may be more or less… hm

Many thanks in advance for your contributions.

AmazingSpider-ManNo_101_A_800px.jpg

AmazingSpider-ManNo_101_B_800px.jpg

AmazingSpider-ManNo_101_C.jpg

AmazingSpider-ManNo_101_D.jpg

AmazingSpider-ManNo_101_E.jpg

AmazingSpider-ManNo_101_F.jpg

Thank you, etanick. :hi:

Yes, it is tough to grade because the majority of defects is represented by the spine creases. The cover flatness add attractiveness to the book, and when I bought it I just saw the cover scans, from which the spine damage is less evident.

Now I have a better copy, but it is a tough book to get at decent prices.

Yeah, I agree no more than 6.5 (just because if you do not look at the spine this book is really NICE).

Suits me fine, since I was impatient to have a nice grade on this, so I ended up re-buying it. Well, I guess I just overpaid it… :sorry:

I guess I’ll offer it at less than I paid as I will do my first sales thread, so hopefully it will find a good home…

P.S. Book looked nicer in the scan the seller showed me, looks worse when you look at it at a certain angle. That’s why I am convinced a camera shot is always handy to give a proper evaluation.

:eek:

Sulphur, I assure you it looks a lot better in hand, 5.5 feels tough. (shrug)

That's why made the 6.0 bold ;)

I think just about every book over FN looks better in hand than a pic or scan will show. It has slightly more spine wear and almost an identical crease on the back than a 6.0 slab I own. But looking again, this is brighter so I'll change to 6.5 :foryou:

Don’t worry, I was kidding, I’m just complaining with myself about my frenzy in wanting certain books, because I dislike the idea of overpaying, so I ended up buying two. :P

So you already have a copy, too? I saw you love this issue as you commented on a beautiful #101 copy which was on sale some time ago here.

If you don’t, and don’t care about a higher grade, just tell me: I’ll be glad to give it to you. Otherwise I will wait to put together my Morbius first apperances undercopies and try a nicely priced set.

(Note to self: I must also remember I still miss Fear #21 & #22.) hm