• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay/setify

8 posts in this topic

eBay’s latest venture is Setify, a way for comic book collectors… and other collectors. But the examples it gives are comics, specifically a fellow collecting copies of the Walking Bread, all slabbed.

It’s an attempt to create a social network for collectors, show off your collection, and manage your wants lists, in a very user friendly and fun fashion.

I might, you know, give it a go… anyone joining me?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/26/ebays-setify-to-make-collecting-comics-fun-again-with-the-walking-bread/

a friend sent me the link this morning. its interesting, likely a shot at getting comiccollector type full collections listed.

if you can share it with people, without having to pay, be a nice way to get targeted sales. Not sure how they are going to prevent people from making all sort of fee-free private transactions off site.

Like list your entire collection, and have none of it for sale, then when people message you about something, private email them to do the sale.

a friend sent me the link this morning. its interesting, likely a shot at getting comiccollector type full collections listed.

if you can share it with people, without having to pay, be a nice way to get targeted sales. Not sure how they are going to prevent people from making all sort of fee-free private transactions off site.

Like list your entire collection, and have none of it for sale, then when people message you about something, private email them to do the sale.

Not sure how they plan to stop that but if only a fraction of those private sells use paypal, well they come out ahead anyways don't they? ;)