• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

first problem with ebay buyer

317 posts in this topic

Acting like a has become quite a common experience for you. Calling people nuts and tossing words out like fraud (not to mention calling Stan Lee "greedy") has you as the newest member of my "On Ignore" brigade. Awesome work, dude.

I could care less, Richard Head! You add absolutely nothing meaningful to the discussion.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. grandmaisalush_zpsd33d7450.gif

Richard Head.... Cedar Rapids FTW lol

Offer refund in full for return of the item.

That's what I would do in a case where I felt I was not wrong in how I sold my item. If there's a problem, return it - end of story. That weeds out the clowns trying to weasel you out of a discount.

Regrettably, the OP runs the risk of getting a NEGATIVE feedback remark for this tact.

I say give him the 10%. I'm pretty sure the buyer will leave him POSITIVE feedback if he does.

Remember, the OP advertised this comic book as being a PEDIGREE when in fact it wasn't.

The issue is whether the OP had scientor at the time of the auction regarding this material fact.

Friday :whee:

lol

I'm waiting for Sean to carve him up into little pieces.

Cueing up "One of These Day's" by Pink Floyd as we speak.

Carve who up? Me?

You don't know me very well ...... an_wink.gif

You do come across as a bit of a tit to be fair.

Huh? "Come accross as a bit of a tit?" What does that mean? think2.gif

Not up to speed with you nomenclature, so I can't even respond you properly.

Anyway, this thread is about whether the OP should give a 10% discount to his buyer or demand return of the comic book and issue a full refund.

Care to provide your opinion? thEmoticons-EatingPopcorn.gif

quick scan of ebay shows the following urecognized pedigrees being listed with the word "pedigree" (dont see any disclaimers in the samples I looked at stating these were non-recognized)

Wythville Pedigree (with like 180+ listings)

Slobodian Pedigree

Cookeville

Adler Collection

Kermit's Pad Pedigree (what the?)

Golden State

Yakima (? never heard that one, though it is a pulp magazine)

then there are all the pedigree listings of decertified pedigrees

Circle 8

Mile High II

Diamond Run

if you are selling a slab with one of those designations are you required to disclose that CGC decertified the pedigree?

wonder if the above "pedigrees" are the ones the OP sold....

-miraclemet who is looking for something entertaining on a Friday

lol

Why would I spend any time on a Bangkok ladyboy with a tenuous grip on the language, and terrific anger issues. Unlike MODOK I really couldn't care less, and onto Ignore with the rest of the Pecker PatrolTM he goes.

:whee:

quick scan of ebay shows the following urecognized pedigrees being listed with the word "pedigree" (dont see any disclaimers in the samples I looked at stating these were non-recognized)

Wythville Pedigree (with like 180+ listings)

Slobodian Pedigree

Cookeville

Adler Collection

Kermit's Pad Pedigree (what the?)

Golden State

then there are all the pedigree listings of decertified pedigrees

Circle 8

Mile High II

Diamond Run

if you are selling a slab with one of those designations are you required to disclose that CGC decertified the pedigree?

wonder if the above "pedigrees" are the ones the OP sold....

-miraclemet who is looking for something entertaining on a Friday

KERMIT'S PAD PEDIGREE!

Dude, I was literally laughing out loud when I read that.

Was that seriously on an eBay listing?

VERY funny stuff!

laughing.gif

I am in a conundrum with a sale i made on ebay.

Believe it or not, i have been selling on there for years and only now run into my first real issue that i dont know what to do with.

Sold a book on there.....it is from a pedigree that has since been revoked by CGC, but the name of the collection was clearly stated in the ad.

Also i posted high res scans of the book which clearly show a crease in the cover.

The buyer messaged me this morning and said i misrepresented the item. He says he checked and the pedigree has been revoked so i shouldnt have used that term. In my opinion he could have checked this out before he bought the book.

Also he says that i didnt explain that there was a crease in the cover, even though the pictures clearly show that there is one.

My problem is this....he says he is unhappy but wants to keep the book and that i can make this right by giving him a 10% refund.

Is it just me or does that sound like someone who realized they may have overpaid for the book after the fact and wants to recoup some of his money?

I feel like i am being held hostage since if i dont pay it he will probably put in negative feedback.

Help?

If it is a matter of a few dollars I would go with the 10% refund.Probaly would be as much as you would get for the book on a relist.

This way you will have a happy ebayer whom may buy again and you dont have to deal with a return/resell.

Why would I spend any time on a Bangkok ladyboy with a tenuous grip on the language, and terrific anger issues. Unlike MODOK I really couldn't care less, and onto Ignore with the rest of the Pecker PatrolTM he goes.

Is that the best you got? Who writes your material? You bore me.

yawning.gif

You do come across as a bit of a tit to be fair.

Huh? "Come accross as a bit of a tit?" What does that mean? think2.gif

Not up to speed with you nomenclature, so I can't even respond you properly.

Anyway, this thread is about whether the OP should give a 10% discount to his buyer or demand return of the comic book and issue a full refund.

Care to provide your opinion? thEmoticons-EatingPopcorn.gif

A loose translation would be that your posts make you seem unpleasant.

And I already provided my opinion in the first couple of posts.

Incidentally, you don't know that the buyer detrimentally relied on the "pedigree" description. It's possible that it's a rare book and he would have paid the same price for a non-pedigree.

lol

:)

KERMIT'S PAD PEDIGREE!

Dude, I was literally laughing out loud when I read that.

Was that seriously on an eBay listing?

VERY funny stuff!

laughing.gif

Ask and you shall Receive!

Delusional online comic shop who is also selling 180 Copper books as part of the "Wythville Pedigree"

A loose translation would be that your posts make you seem unpleasant.

And I already provided my opinion in the first couple of posts.

Incidentally, you don't know that the buyer detrimentally relied on the "pedigree" description. It's possible that it's a rare book and he would have paid the same price for a non-pedigree.

Thanks for the translation. I will try to a kinder and gentler MODOK to those who are deserving.

As general rule, eBay sellers general have the responsibility to:

1. Select a category that matches the item for sale.

2. Provide a clear, honest, and accurate description about the item.

3. Avoid tactics like keyword spamming because they make it hard for people to find what they're looking for.

I agree with you. We can only speculate whether or not the eBay buyer relied on the PEDIGREE designation.

However, on it's face, use of word PEDIGREE in the OP's auction was not honest or accurate. That's an undisputed fact.

We really need to get a link to the auction so we can discuss this in a more intelligent fashion.

He says he checked and the pedigree has been revoked so i shouldnt have used that term. In my opinion he could have checked this out before he bought the book.

Are you nuts? doh!

The buyer detrimentally relied on what you wrote - e.g., that the comic book was from a pedigree collection. It's on you as an eBay Seller to accurately describe your item. It's not on the eBay Buyer to discover a material fact that would have altered his decision to bid/win your auction. (tsk)

When was the pedigree revoked? Before, during or after the auction closed?

If you knew the pedigree was revoked during the auction, you should have killed (cancelled) the auction and relisted with the correct description.

If the pedigree was revoked before the auction started, you've committed a fraud of materially misrepresenting otherwise in your listing.

You should be happy he's only asking for 10%. You'll be very lucky not to get a negative feedback remark as well.

The guy paid for pedigree and got BS.

Why are you even on these boards? All you do is slam CGC, slam other board members and pretty much try and spread BS everywhere you post.

CGC is not the end all of deciding what is or isn't a pedigree. Just because they no longer will tag a book that it is from a certain pedigree doesn't mean that the entire comic community agrees with them.

OP the buyer doesn't have any remorse, he is just angle shooting to try and rip you off and demand an extra discount that is not justified.

As mentioned tell him he can get a full refund if he sends it back in the original condition or he can keep the book for what he paid. There is no middle ground with buyers like this. I would bet he has pulled this on others and will continue to pull this going forward. Also I would forward all the info to eBay so they can flag his account.