• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm still thirsty!

9 posts in this topic

Where do I go from here?

Well, It's taken me just about 17 months but, I have completed my two goals. Amazing Spider-Man #201-#300 and Amazing Spider-Man McFarlane. Both complete sets. All books 9.8with WHITE pages. It wasn't easy and It wasn't cheap!

The last 17 month have been filled with a lot of late night auctions, and a bunch of wheeling and dealing! There's nothing more thrilling than the last seconds of a auction! Who wants it more? Did I bid enough or am I going to lose by $.50? I think that's the hook.

For some reason I feel no sense of accomplishment! These two sets are awesome! I look at them all the time but, what's next? Of course I have other great sets as well I could work on. The odds are, I may not finish the #101-#200 run before I end up homeless. And there's not a ton of collectability moving forward.

What's my next move? Where do I go from here? Do I sell them and start over (not likely?) I don't know. I seek adventure! The thrill of the chase! I want to know where do I set my sights on now? Do I go for the complete run or just keep going from 328 to current? I don't know. I guess I just needed to get that off my chest.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is my first journal but, I know a lot of you from eBay or off site deals. My intentions are pure. My sets 100% compete with scans and purchase prices. Check them out. Let me know what you think.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=47540'>a>

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=44430'>a>

See more journals by natas666

John 4:13-14

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+4&version=NIV

Now as far as your collecting goals, I would recommend pursuing another Spider-man set since that seems to be your main interest (Marvel Team-up? Love that title). The collection you put together is amazing (pun intended), and I would think you'd want to keep it, but I have seen some people put together these unbelievable complete runs of Avengers or X-men only to sell them all and pursue a different title. I agree the thrill of the hunt is what makes it so much fun, but I can't fathom getting rid of a collection you worked so hard to put together (if I ever made one of those complicated 5000 piece puzzles, I'd have to glue it and frame it cause I couldn't bear to tear apart and put it back in the box, lol).

sig.jpg

Another idea (look me up in the journals under duckduckmike) is to look at the pedigrees or signatures to "upgrade" your collection. I've been working on an X-Men 1-201 run for a couple years and when I have a chance to buy a pedigree, I'll adjust my budget and goals. I only have a handful, but it's a dragon to chase since you never know when those will show up.

While I could recommend getting a duplicate set, take a look across your run and look at first appearances, or rather, get the first appearances of characters who show up across the Spidey Universe and are associated with him. Some fun early Marvel villains show up in random books at first.

Also, look at a more obscure but fun set like Marvel Team-Up or 2-in-1 that shouldn't be too expensive but dang try getting the run in 9.8 WP... lots of these are treated like the X-Men reprint run; abused abused abused and not often coming to market in 9.8.

Surfer99...I know you love the Lord. I know you are one of the coolest contributors on this board. Just don't know why you see//use it as a religious outreach. Love you dude...just sayin'...I'm cool with my worldview...you are too with yours...but perhaps keep it off the comic world...dunno...just sayin'. peace.

Surfer99...I know you love the Lord. I know you are one of the coolest contributors on this board. Just don't know why you see//use it as a religious outreach. Love you dude...just sayin'...I'm cool with my worldview...you are too with yours...but perhaps keep it off the comic world...dunno...just sayin'. peace.

Didn't mean to offend my friend and you know I'm usually not that direct, but I couldn't resist the reference after seeing the member name and reading the title of this journal. :tonofbricks: