• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

Sweet, that's all I wanted to know. I'll hold onto mine and sell it to put towards a nice earlt silver age issue, if that's how this whole speculation thing works.

Nope.... You should buy vintage NIB Power Ranger toys from McDonalds Happy Meals.

Sweet, that's all I wanted to know. I'll hold onto mine and sell it to put towards a nice earlt silver age issue, if that's how this whole speculation thing works.

Nope.... You should buy vintage NIB Power Ranger toys from McDonalds Happy Meals.

:roflmao:

Please quit stating the obvious...

So is this going to get Sixth Gun/Peter Panzerfaust big until it's inevitably cancelled before production starts? You lunatics should check Ebay UK where issue 1 is still selling for £3.

Link? I don't see any.

So is this going to get Sixth Gun/Peter Panzerfaust big until it's inevitably cancelled before production starts? You lunatics should check Ebay UK where issue 1 is still selling for £3.

There is virtually no chance this doesn't make the air even on NBC with Kirkman producing. Seriously man if you think otherwise you are going to be disappointed.

Didn't you say the same thing about Sixth Gun? :)

It's absolutely insane to think anything related to a TV production is ever guaranteed - no matter who's producing it.

There is virtually no chance this doesn't make the air even on NBC with Kirkman producing. Seriously man if you think otherwise you are going to be disappointed.

It's absolutely insane to think anything related to a TV production is ever guaranteed - no matter who's producing it.

Don't think I ever said such on Sixth Gun but the difference here is :

1. Kirkman is thriving off WD and TV show is highest rated cable show.

2. Kirkman is producing Clone.

3. NBC executives did drop the ball on WD for whatever reasons, they will not make a mistake with Kirkman again.

Nuff said!

Does anyone have a list of books that have actually been produced after getting the greenlight? Anyone want to add to the below? Anyone see a trend?

100 Bullets

Chew

Sixth Gun

Revival

Thief of Thieves

YTLM

Wide Awake

The Vault

BloodShot

The New West

Rachel Rising

Hoax Hunters

Lock and Key

Doom Patrol

Goddyssey

Fables

Bloodstrike

Actually most of those on your list haven't had a pilot or been Greenlighted. But the key factor in Clone being different is none of those above titles have a backer / producer as big as Kirkman pushing it through. Big big big difference.

Don't think I ever said such on Sixth Gun but the difference here is :

1. Kirkman is thriving off WD and TV show is highest rated cable show.

2. Kirkman is producing Clone.

3. NBC executives did drop the ball on WD for whatever reasons, they will not make a mistake with Kirkman again.

Nuff said!

WD would never have worked on NBC ... it's a hugely successful show because it ended up on cable (so they could do all the gory bits), has zombies (which are hot hot hot) and managed to draw in a ton of non-comic-book viewers.

That Kirkman is involved in Clone almost guaranteed that it would get optioned - just like Thief of Thieves - but in the end it all comes down whether NBC thinks the show can make them money. There are certain producers who can get shows greenlit & aired solely based on their name - Joss Whedon springs to mind - but Kirkman is nowhere near that level yet.