• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

The writer of Clone has a contract (that predates the creation of Clone) to develop properties for the network, people keep mentioning Kirkman ignoring that Schulner has worked for NBC for years.

Not very successfully though, right?

I believe Do No Harm had the lowest debut ratings in the history of major broadcast television.

why would you say that...it's basically on a fast track....which show went from comic book to tv deal this quickly? There is a lot of power behind this play, and reps on the line...I just sold a set for 50...just saying

It has one extra little amount of momentum or extra "power". It does not have anything significant beyond a number of other options mentioned previously.

Set of 8 comics for $50? Really?

The writer of Clone has a contract (that predates the creation of Clone) to develop properties for the network, people keep mentioning Kirkman ignoring that Schulner has worked for NBC for years.

But this little factoid is the ONLY thing that increases the chances of Clone being seen. It may only increase the chances by a percent and it may only air one episode but it does have something extra going for it.

It does a little and I'm hoping it gets made and is a success, but saying the show is pretty much a definite is the unrealistic point I'm arguing against.

Rinse Repeat

I mean come on guys we do this in every thread of a book with movie/tv option.

+1

Does anyone see a pattern emerging lol

In any market, there are those that claim the Titanic is sinking and those that claim it's hovering over the water. Even with the Walking Dead. In the past year we've gone through this EXACT discussion with Chew, Y, RR, Todd, Think Tank, and others from the list. If you missed the boat, it's easy to have sour grapes and say, whatever. But, when your book comes around, it's also easy to be quick to defend the merits of news. I try to be positive if I like a series, regardless of news. My support for this book is documented here long before the news, so if someone wants to call me out, check the early pages first.

I acknowledge the probablity this will not make it to TV, but I'm excited about the possibility it just might ;)

I think I just got sick of predicting when TWD was going to finally kick the bucket.

TEAR DOWN ALL THE MODERNS AND SELL ME YOUR YTLM's.

Ok. Which issues? (shrug)

But this little factoid is the ONLY thing that increases the chances of Clone being seen. It may only increase the chances by a percent and it may only air one episode but it does have something extra going for it.

It does a little and I'm hoping it gets made and is a success, but saying the show is pretty much a definite is the unrealistic point I'm arguing against.

It's the point that all but one are arguing against. lol

The reason I think this will happen is because of this statement by Schulner;

"'Clone' started as an idea for a TV show, but only because I'm a TV writer," Schulner said. "In the process of developing it, my insanely tireless producers, David Engel and David Alpert at Circle of Confusion, said, 'What do you think about making "Clone" a comic? At Skybound, with Robert Kirkman?' I'm such a fan of 'The Walking Dead,' I immediately jumped.

The complete article can be read here;

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40293

It may not happen but it was intended to from the start.

Whenever I see 50+ posts on the weekend I know it is one negative person and everyone else just complaining to him.

Who cares if Kirkman is a producer? If you can turn down the producer of Lost (which has it's own 7,000+ page Wiki), then you can turn down anyone.

Whenever I see 50+ posts on the weekend I know it is one negative person and everyone else just complaining to him.

Who cares if Kirkman is a producer? If you can turn down the producer of Lost (which has it's own 7,000+ page Wiki), then you can turn down anyone.

Yeah who is this Kirkman? He isn't somebody is he? That has to be the :roflmao:of the year.