• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Displaying non cgc comic

26 posts in this topic

Scan your comic,and frame the printed scan.Leaving your prized comic safe from the elements. (thumbs u

This is the answer you seek. Nobody knows the difference and your comic stays safe.

Plus there are plenty of large comic cover posters on the market, around $5.95 and up. AF15, TOS39, Superman 233, and on and on. Type "comic book cover poster" into Google and hit "shopping" to see the wide variety out there.

Here's a weird DC covers "montage" poster ($6.97):

Comic Book Cover Montage (24'' X 36'')

DC_Comics_Cover_Collage.jpg

Scan your comic,and frame the printed scan.Leaving your prized comic safe from the elements. (thumbs u

This is the answer you seek. Nobody knows the difference and your comic stays safe.

I've never understood this ... I mean, if you're displaying your collection, why not display the actual books? Anybody can download a scan from the internet, frame it and pretend they own that particular book ... :shrug:

What would be the motivation to frame a scan of a comic you don't own in your own home,and pretend you do own it.Makes no sense.

Bragging rights? Much like adding a book to your Registry set that you don't own, so you can be #1 in a particular category? I'm not saying it's common, but it does happen.

If you own a nice piece of OA, would you print out a copy and put that on the wall instead of the original?

Yes I do own OA, main reason for putting copies right now in frame is he expense of doing it correct right now. This includes museum mat, uv glass, frame large enough to hold OA & page from comic or in some cases a CGC slab of a cover as well as metal labeling. Also need to find a way to light the frame, maybe battery operated led lights? Got some estimates right now & they want $250 a pop for a frame done right. Half tempted to go buy the tools myself to frame.

You should - I frame everything myself and have paid for the tools many times over already. I buy archival-safe mats in bulk from Blick, empty frames from Graphik Dimensions and pick up museum glass from my local Hobby Lobby.

Got this magazine stand from a Borders Bookstore before they closed down. Rotate my Silver Age Spideys and sketch covers for display. When we have friends over for cook outs or football it's def something that people gravitate towards.

402519_310485798988973_1213782142_n.jpg