• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hostility between Golden Age collectors and Modern collectors...

87 posts in this topic

I'm relatively new to these forums, and comic book collecting in general (after a 20 year hiatus).

Is it common for the GA collectors to consistently bash and hate on Modern comics and Modern collectors?

Sometimes I see these threads in the General Forum and I just wanna go off on these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

I just saw another post where someone was asking about modern collectibles, and of course, everyone is pretty much dissing on Moderns. I stood up to it the best I can in the heat of the moment, but I'm getting so tired of seeing that.

Why do they have such a holier-than-thou complex? Heck, I so badly want to say "so, what's new?....oh that's right, NOTHING! hahahaha!!" But I'm more mature than that....Just kidding, Im going to go do that right now.

Older collectors have always bashed on modern comics. That being said, I may eventually make a blog post where I provide 100 reasons why I think modern comics suck. If I do it, it'll be a point by point issue of what I have a problem with and links to alternative ways to do things. If I come across as insensitive... good. If you are old enough to post here, you are old enough to get over the fact someone disagrees with you.

DG

Do it.

starskyhutch-doit.gif

Lets just be honest.

Some blokes are just royally pizzed that TWD #1 is worth more than some crusty piece of that they've had for 50 years. :devil:

The other big factor is the fact you NEVER see any of us on the other boards critising their buys. rantrant

We buy,we read.

Some of us flip.

Some of us keep.

We all get burned at least once. :cry:

But I can't help thinking that at least some of the constant criticts are secretly wishing they has bought 10 TWD #1 back in the day and were banking that $20,000 right now. lol

Its our choice to speculate. We are adults and all of us are hopefully using 'spare' cash - I hope to god no-one is not paying their mortgage to buy Revival #3 ,4th print...lol.

Personally,I only collect #1's and try to flip within 6 - 12 months.

CGC aren't helping by being slow.

Perhaps all the GA and SA collectors could stop sending in their old stuff for a bit?

:jokealert:

Well the last bit was anyway.

No, no, the entire post was a joke. Don't sell yourself short(er)!

Are trapped in the same timewarp as your books, you rotten cad?

Lunchbox to GA/SA friends:

"Come chaps,lets not dither here with these nere-do-wells any longer.Back to the Golden and Silver Ages."

"Pardon?"

"It's nine O'clock."

"No it's not,it's Tuesday"

Meanwhile in the latest SA blockbuster:

"Gosh Dang Batman"

"Language Robin.There are children near by"

"Sorry Sir"

Next Week - Robin gets a hole in his tights, is severly scolded and sent to bed with no dinner...*gasp*

Will Batman cope alone or will Robin be let out after Dinner following a jolly good talking too........ :preach:

Why all the hate? I love every age of comics,and collect em all. :banana:

Why all the irony? You bash SS every chance you get. :ohnoez:

Touche'. I'm just not a huge fan of them,but hey it's all good though right! (thumbs u

I still think you're a great guy though fingh. ;)

Lets just be honest.

Some blokes are just royally pizzed that TWD #1 is worth more than some crusty piece of that they've had for 50 years. :devil:

The other big factor is the fact you NEVER see any of us on the other boards critising their buys. rantrant

We buy,we read.

Some of us flip.

Some of us keep.

But I can't help thinking that at least some of the constant criticts are secretly wishing they has bought 10 TWD #1 back in the day and were banking that $20,000 right now. lol

Its our choice to speculate. We are adults and all of us are hopefully using 'spare' cash - I hope to god no-one is not paying their mortgage to buy Revival #3 ,4th print...lol.

Perhaps all the GA and SA collectors could stop sending in their old stuff for a bit?

"Come chaps,lets not dither here with these nere-do-wells any longer.Back to the Golden and Silver Ages."

"Pardon?"

"It's nine O'clock."

"Gosh Dang Batman"

"Sorry Sir"

Next Week - Robin gets a hole in his tights, is severly scolded and sent to bed with no dinner...*gasp*

Will Batman cope alone or will Robin be let out after Dinner following a jolly good talking too........ :preach:

Oh, I agree with you, golden age books are lame. It's just that you if you mean the things you wrote, you sound like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. So it's gotta all be a joke, right?

Lets just be honest.

We buy,we read.

Some of us flip.

Some of us keep.

"Pardon?"

"It's nine O'clock."

"Gosh Dang Batman"

"Sorry Sir"

Oh, I agree with you, golden age books are lame. It's just that you if you mean the things you wrote, you sound like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. So it's gotta all be a joke, right?

Comic book collectors bagging on comic book collectors IS a joke. It's like one fat kid calling another fat kid "fat". :insane:

Seeing as this was your entire post Lunchbox: (google Linford Christie - you might want to change your name depite it being wholly appropriate in your case):

"No, no, the entire post was a joke. Don't sell yourself short(er)! "

I didn't think you were actually saying anything.

Now you say:

"Oh, I agree with you, golden age books are lame"

So do you actually like any form of book?

I don't get why you exist on this forum if thats the case (shrug)

Now go google Ol' Linford....