• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D ICK AYERS AND CARMINE INFANTINO SKETCH OPP

37 posts in this topic

DWC announces a sketch opportunity with legendary creators Dick Ayers and Carmine Infantino.

DWC has a limited sketch opportunity with Dick Ayers and Carmine Infantino to offer to board members. This will be limited to 20 slots for each creator. Limit of 2 slots per person. The cost is $260 for head/bust and Dick Ayers ONLY $360 for single figure with no background. Cost includes blank cover, sketch, cgc "Fast Track" grading fees (specific or high grade NOT guaranteed) and return shipping to a US address. PM request. First come, first serve. Submission deadline is Friday, October 12th.

Below is an example of Ayers last sketch opp.

Cap1-1.jpg

Ghostrider1.jpg

Anyone have any examples of a recent sketch by Infantino? Only ones I see on CAF look like super quick ball point pen ones.

+1. I'd love to see an example of the type of sketch this would be. Something like this?

2012-03-31193001.jpg

I finally got mine back today. Wow. What a disappointment.

infantino.jpg

Desertwind Comics advertised this as a "head/bust", but this is more of a half-head with no bust. Don't get me wrong, I know Carmine Infantino is a legend AND he's up there in age, but... well, this was just a long time to wait and a lot of money for what's basically a quick doodle.

Thanks to Desertwind Comics for their service, though. They're good people.

I finally got mine back today. Wow. What a disappointment.

infantino.jpg

Desertwind Comics advertised this as a "head/bust", but this is more of a half-head with no bust. Don't get me wrong, I know Carmine Infantino is a legend AND he's up there in age, but... well, this was just a long time to wait and a lot of money for what's basically a quick doodle.

Thanks to Desertwind Comics for their service, though. They're good people.

This is pretty much all he does now, very sketchy (in style, not business practice) and loose. I got a commission through All Star Auctions several years ago, expecting something closer to a publishable image. They called it "pencilled and inked" but what I got is below. I don't remember specifically what we worked out, but I came away happy.

img600.jpg

If you're unhappy, I will gladly take it off of your hands for what you paid for it! :devil: