• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hypothetical: For how much would Amazing Fantasy 15/Action Comics 1 10.0 sell?

45 posts in this topic

The AF 15 would go for around $575,000 too $675,000

The AC1 would go for $1.5 to 2.0 million I would imagine. The AF 15 may go nearer to 1 million if the hypothectical bidding got heated. Wouldnt that be a auction too watch.....

The first thing I would wonder is how the [!@#%^&^] did I get a hold of an AF#15 and AC#! in 10.0. Then I get an insurance policy for them to cover my [!@#%^&^] in case of an accident. Then I would probably lose my freeking mind from being paranoid that someone was always out there to kill me and take my precious away from me.

My precious.

GET AWAY!!

They're mine!!

ALL MINE!!

It's okay precious they won't hurt you.... cloud9.gif

*edit*

Hey that was my 4900th post. It's okay precious I'm here for you. cloud9.gif

OK, you have CGC 10.0 graded copies of Amazing Fantasy 15 and Action Comics 1 in you hands. What will be the high bids of each on Ebay?

I can't count that high... tonofbricks.gif

The first thing I would wonder is how the [!@#%^&^] did I get a hold of an AF#15 and AC#! in 10.0. Then I get an insurance policy for them to cover my [!@#%^&^] in case of an accident. Then I would probably lose my freeking mind from being paranoid that someone was always out there to kill me and take my precious away from me.

My precious.

GET AWAY!!

They're mine!!

ALL MINE!!

*edit*

Hmmmm... nice "..Lambs" reflection. devil.gif

I believe books like this (if they were to ever exist) would not be sold on eBay but rather through a more esteemed auction house or privately.

I would estimate 7-10 million for the Action 1, and perhaps 2-3 million dollars for an AF 15 in a serious auction setting.

If I recall my comic collecting gossip correctly, serious offers in excess of one million dollars have been turned down for the NM Edgar Church copy of Action 1.

My precious.

GET AWAY!!

They're mine!!

ALL MINE!!

*edit*

Hmmmm... nice "..Lambs" reflection. devil.gif

sorry.gif Hnmmm... have to work on my gollum impression. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I dont think the sky's the limit. Thats putting too much weight on the 10.0 thing. The key point to me is not that it is perfect, but that its the BEST copy and given what we know of the available copies of each book, a 10.0 will never be equalled.

So, as I keep arguing, being the BEST negates the whole multiple bump pricing we see for books with ample copies in every grade level. If the MH copy is a 9.2 as is surmised, this 10.0 would be the best copy. But no reason IMO anyone should pay 7 times the 2 million Dave has appently been offerred for what is in actuality the Best copy. Same principal for the AF15.

But, thats my opinion. Currently I am out of favor as buyers DO put a neatly layered value in multiples for every step up the ladder. As you see when comparing sweet 9.4s to sweet 9.6s, there is not that much difference the eye can see between them...and even less betwen 9.6 and 9.8s. I see no earthly reason to pay twice the nosebleed 9.4 price for a 9.4 with one fractionally smaller blemish and a 6 on the label where the 4 could just as easily be...