• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I know there's also going to be haters that would frown on it and say it's encouraging "money printing" but that's just not how I feel.

Not a hater, J (and not sure if this was directed at me). Just keeping it real. If I had one of the hottest books out, I would want to put out THE variant to be had at a con (or as a retailer appreciation). As I have said before, ultimately it helps Image by keeping the 'buzz' going, encouraging new readers, and increasing sales. Sales = extended life of the book and other positive side effects.

(thumbs u

Not intentionally directed at you at all my friend. I'm just saying some people think all variants are bad at that creators shouldn't profit from them. Personally I feel the exact opposite...if there's a variant that is selling strongly and I like it...like this comicspro one if possible I'd rather buy from the creator.

I'm guessing I *might* be being referred to here lol

FWIW, I don't dislike all variants.

Just the mass produced store cash-grab ones.

Creators and the original publishers only - carry on - no problem from me.

I saw 3 or 4 of those come and go a few times....I dunno....too low of a feedback for me.

Odd how people are really holding these close to the vest...normally you see a flood of people just trying to unload theirs for some quick money.

Edited by krighton

I dunno, who is this divinecalamity who has so many copies.

keeps listing 1 after the other.....not getting a warm feeling.

and mailing it 1st class...that leaves me with a wary

Errr - let me think...

Maybe someone from the 'creative team' who has learnt from Kurtis Wiebes mistakes and has nailed the collective greed of this forum to pay $150 for exactly the same comic with a different coloured cover.

I'm normally very supportive of this board vs CG, but in this case - insanity has taken over.

I think I'm officially done collecting this book, possibly all image together. The constant barrage of variant covers over the last 7 months is starting to irritate me something fierce.

Same here. I mean whats with this variant of comics pro, wtf its like $150 and theres barely any copies of it. LIke WTF I had the full collection before these super rare variants that 90% wont even get.

I'm done with this comic.

Getting rid of my collection, keeping the signed one but getting rid of the others.

Nobody is forcing anybody to get every variant--see the message from E.S. I get the completist mentality--I use to have it--but you and your wallet will be better off if you just pay for what you like and what you can afford.

No reason to stop reading/collecting a book you enjoy just because there are a couple variants you might not get.