• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I think I'm officially done collecting this book, possibly all image together. The constant barrage of variant covers over the last 7 months is starting to irritate me something fierce.

Same here. I mean whats with this variant of comics pro, wtf its like $150 and theres barely any copies of it. LIke WTF I had the full collection before these super rare variants that 90% wont even get.

I'm done with this comic.

Getting rid of my collection, keeping the signed one but getting rid of the others.

Nobody is forcing anybody to get every variant--see the message from E.S. I get the completist mentality--I use to have it--but you and your wallet will be better off if you just pay for what you like and what you can afford.

No reason to stop reading/collecting a book you enjoy just because there are a couple variants you might not get.

For me, I usually just stick to slabbing first prints, but some 2nds and variants are cool (ie NWM #2 2nd, #1 2nd, Revival #2 3rd, Revival #5 2nd, etc.)

yeah....calamity scares me.....

and so many copies...I don't believe it.

that's enough being jerked around for a little while, off to find some pizza.

Oh man, truer words were never spoken. I was thinking the exact same thing.

I don't get why these are going for 150-160, the 7 day-er is up to 170 when TB is going for 130-160ish right now.

option A) he has a ton, and this guy is just takin' easy monies

option B) he doesn't have any, and this guy is just takin' easy monies.

Why does the TB cover have to be so terrible? Who finalized this cover anyway? Why can't it look cool like the SAGA 1 RRP cover? I just see a dark blue cover with white circles on it. Doesn't exactly scream "I gotta get me one of these"!!

Back in the old days, They used to compete for attention on the newsstands by giving people compelling covers, Silver Age Marvel and DC would add dialogue to the cover to add drama to pull you in, they don't do that anymore and it sucks. Now it's "oh, let Jim Lee draw it so we can make a poster of it later"

I don't know about anyone else but I'd love to see some hand coloring come back, it has a certain charm to it, comics now feel digital, basically like they were printed off a pc desktop and put 2 staples in it with a $3.99 cover price on it.

Why does the TB cover have to be so terrible? Who finalized this cover anyway? Why can't it look cool like the SAGA 1 RRP cover? I just see a dark blue cover with white circles on it. Doesn't exactly scream "I gotta get me one of these"!!

It's a homage to this that someone posted earlier in this thread

250px-WrinkleInTimePBA1.jpg

It's a homage to this that someone posted earlier in this thread

250px-WrinkleInTimePBA1.jpg

Homage covers are boring because we've already seen that cover before. Enough is enough.