• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Well.............I snagged that one. Wanted one for my collection, prolly overpaid a lil bit. But he's got good feedback, and I picked up a Beetle variant from him, so now I can put both those to bed and not worry one way or the other lol.

Edited by cujobyte

It will be interesting to see how high prices go if #4 is a great read like the rest of the series so far. What I like about this book is that it takes longer than the 5 minutes to read almost every other comic out there right now......

Edited by kimik

On the whole (Tim), I agree variants suck for collectors (we have to spend more money). However, creating something rare also creates demand. Demand creates interest. Interest generates readers. Readers generate sales. Sales cure all evils (while creating a whole batch of new ones).

But the problem I have with this and a lot of collectors is the fact that this is a manufactured collectible in the truest sense of the word. It's artificially creating a "rare and collectible " item.

Golden Age and to a certain point Silver Age is the reason they are so valuable is because no one saved them because they might have value. As we all know, that's what happened with the whole Death of Superman and all those X Facor 1, X Men 1, Spawn 1, etc.....

This book is just the variant du jour....

And I want one bad !!! :devil:

People didn't buy Spawn 1, X-Force 1 and X-men 1 simply because people thought they were going to rise in value,,,Jim Lee, Todd Mcfarlane in the 90's were basically Gods! They were super popular and anyone that colected comics had a copy, It was like when everyone in the 80's had the Thriller album.

Of course you want the variant bad, but it's like looking at pasta, your eyes are bigger than your stomach!

I'm proud to say I stuck by my decision and have not purchased a single copy.

So there.

I'm proud to say I stuck by my decision and have not purchased a single copy.

So there.

Issue #1s & TB variants has paid for a 1960 Justice League of America #1 CGC 1.8

Green Lantern vol .1 issue #38 CGC 9.0, Indian meal for 5 + beers, 6 months road tax for my car & Battlestar Galactica blue ray box set...... So there ;)