• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

And if #4 is really coming out the 6th I'm going to have to switch my Midtown Previews orders to weekly shipping instead of monthly. I won't be able to wait that long.

Not the 6th.... 13th (e.s. said second Wednesday to wait for all the reprints to help new readers).... FYI

And if #4 is really coming out the 6th I'm going to have to switch my Midtown Previews orders to weekly shipping instead of monthly. I won't be able to wait that long.

Not the 6th.... 13th (e.s. said second Wednesday to wait for all the reprints to help new readers).... FYI

Saves me $3.99 shipping and the chance of having enough for Midtown to send me a box instead of envelope for biweekly shipping.

Just to address something real quick:

There are comps in the hundreds on every single title published by every single company in comics. They go to creators, to staff, to other publishers -- Image trades comps with DC, IDW and ONI. I'm sorry for actually pulling back the curtain to let you know what the print runs are on things, but numbers for comps are pretty standard. For NWM specifically -- there are the same number of comps on every issue printed. Whether it's a variant or a regular issue, all the same people are getting those books.

It's not like anyone's just getting a gigantic stack of comics -- in most cases, people are getting one copy. Yes, the creators get more than anyone else, but even then, they're not huge amounts. And last I checked, at least one member of the creative team was sending copies out for free to people on this very board.

Just looking at the ComicsPRO variant -- many of those undistributed copies will be sent to other stores. Our local shops in Berkeley weren't at the ComiscPRO meeting in Atlanta, but I'll definitely be giving them copies of the variant, because I want to support their business and I want them to support my book.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

can i ask a quick follow up question, as you have relayed the above before on the boards, but implied it was on top of, not a part of. So the Comicspro is 500 + comps, as per normal?

Edit:

---------

people are justifying paying more for the book based on reading your previous posts the other way. book is 500 minus 200 comp'd.

That's where the discussion went, comping FROM the print run, instead of in addition too.

Edited by CBT

can i ask a quick follow up question, as you have relayed the above before on the boards, but implied it was on top of, not a part of. So the Comicspro is 500 + comps, as per normal?

I already posted the print run on this -- 500 were printed. 300 were distributed at the meeting in Atlanta.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Just to address something real quick:

There are comps in the hundreds on every single title published by every single company in comics. They go to creators, to staff, to other publishers -- Image trades comps with DC, IDW and ONI. I'm sorry for actually pulling back the curtain to let you know what the print runs are on things, but numbers for comps are pretty standard. For NWM specifically -- there are the same number of comps on every issue printed. Whether it's a variant or a regular issue, all the same people are getting those books.

It's not like anyone's just getting a gigantic stack of comics -- in most cases, people are getting one copy. Yes, the creators get more than anyone else, but even then, they're not huge amounts. And last I checked, at least one member of the creative team was sending copies out for free to people on this very board.

Just looking at the ComicsPRO variant -- many of those undistributed copies will be sent to other stores. Our local shops in Berkeley weren't at the ComiscPRO meeting in Atlanta, but I'll definitely be giving them copies of the variant, because I want to support their business and I want them to support my book.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

:hi: Eric.

I apologize for the madness. I stated (probably 80 pages back at this point) that the mania was excessive and I said I wasn't commenting anymore on the topic. You and your team have been awesome, but this mania IS crazy. The 'poem' was a joke about what's been happening.

I am embarrassed (and I'm a contributor as well) with how crazy this thread has gotten and am done with the subject. Good luck to you's guys on the hunt....

R