• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Looks like #3 came out 1/30. 38 days is considered a delay now?

Pretty sure the readership can handle the extra week or two.

I am more interested to see if this impacts new demand rather than those of us that have been into the book from the beginning.

The stated purpose of the delay was to launch the #1 3rd and #2 2nd in order to let readers "catch up". Based on the limited quantities of both I have seen at all of the LCSs, I don't think too many collectors cared about catching up via reprints as the stores did not order a ton of them (I am curious to see if there was an increase in reprint orders from this round to the #1 and #2 2nds). For most, they will likely just wait for the TPB now to catch up.

IMHO, it would have been better to launch all of the current reprints on the same day that #4 was released, on schedule, as it would have provided new readers with the opportunity to buy all of the books and jump on at the same time. Instead, they were only able to pick up #1 (3rd) and #3 (2nd), but no #2 or #4.

IMHO, it would have been better to launch all of the current reprints on the same day that #4 was released, on schedule, as it would have provided new readers with the opportunity to buy all of the books and jump on at the same time. Instead, they were only able to pick up #1 (3rd) and #3 (2nd), but no #2 or #4.

I would agree.

I don't understand the obsession with previews. I get first appearances in the series (ie: Michonne in TWD 19), but preview chasing is silly IMHO.

Oh yeah, and speaking of that, I've seen Peter Panzerfaust 7 listed as the first preview for Nowhere Men, but TWD 102 actually ran the preview first and was published a full two months before PP 7. Either way, it's a preview, not an actual extra piece of story or anything like that.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

But is the first appearance of Nowhere Men.

I know your question is directed at e.s. but am I the only one who considers Nowhere Men #1 the first appearance of Nowhere Men? (shrug)

+1

to me previews are just advertisements to me.

Looks like #3 came out 1/30. 38 days is considered a delay now?

Pretty sure the readership can handle the extra week or two.

Sort of off topic but do you remember the delays with Battle Chasers?

I think it was something like 18 months between issue 6 and 7! lol

Yeah, I think Nonplayer might have the delay record IF #2 ever comes out.

Lady Mechanika will be a contender for the record.

I thought Aspen went ahead an cancelled Lady Mechanika.

I know your question is directed at e.s. but am I the only one who considers Nowhere Men #1 the first appearance of Nowhere Men? (shrug)

+1

to me previews are just advertisements to me.

To me previews are a way to buy books I would not have otherwise to part foolish fanboys from their hard earned $$$. lol