• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

What? Isn't this for CBLDF?

The comic was created for CBLDF but the SS'd ones that they will be selling may not be. Without more information, it is hard to tell if they are parlaying their services with the creators and CBLDF or are just selling a few extra copies they got SS graded.

I'd wait for more info.

The comic was created for CBLDF but the SS'd ones that they will be selling may not be. Without more information, it is hard to tell if they are parlaying their services with the creators and CBLDF or are just selling a few extra copies they got SS graded.

I'd wait for more info.

My money's on the latter. They purchased the books from the CBLDF (and made another donation to get them signed by Eric Stephenson), so why shouldn't they be able to sell the books for themselves?

I'd wait for more info.

My money's on the latter. They purchased the books from the CBLDF (and made another donation to get them signed by Eric Stephenson), so why shouldn't they be able to sell the books for themselves?

I don't see an issue w/ that at all! I just don't think announcing an upcoming outright sale in this thread was the most appropriate move.

It was never even close to $300 (shrug) Not to mention they are asking $96 to ship to the US lol

I think it was a U.S. book being shipped to Australia. Either way, that played a role in the price.

Just me thinking aloud:

I saw that crazy auction price of $400+ last night.......was wondering how or why it could get that high in spite of the limited print run...

A significant factor involved IMHO about the price spike is related to how quickly the lower priced BINs have been snatched up.

If I was lucky enough to have caught a $150 BIN or anything under $200 I probably would have just grabbed it immediately (how many refreshers are out there on these boards alone?). In that type of climate you'll see bidders get crazy at the end of an auction. I'm sure there are folks out there that just want to grab and run......and not get caught up in further speculation price spikes.

That auction was fairly aggressive, there were more than a few folks bidding....and it had hovered in the 300+ range for quite a significant period of time in bidding terms. With the rapid consumption of the BINs and the price already at 300+ I'm sure people believed that was going to be the "new" price at the very least.

Tack on a few snipers and voila you've got 400 and change.

Honestly I'm not surprised by anything at auction these days.

I just wouldn't be quick to comment on the volatility of the market or that the bubble is going to implode at any moment.......

The indicators for me personally just don't seem to point in that direction. In fact, had I listened to everyone's commentary about everything I'd have purchased an underground bunker and stocked it for the apocalypse a long time ago.

Anyway, this dead horse has been so beaten it's time to pass it onto those European restaurants and chains for lunch.

I was wrong - it's dropped from $400.

My apologies.

Yep. I was watching that listing. Shipping to us here in the states wasn't bad.

The problem was this person had the eccc variants up and no actual picture and no description of condition. They also didn't respond to messages w/ requests for either. aka > no way I'm bidding on that!