• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

What no Bronze/Copper Avengers??? Sweet Byrne/Perez stuff in there. Count Nefaria was the man. :cool:

That was cool stuff, but I've got them already, so no need to hunt! I think I've got a pretty solid run of Avengers from 148 or so up through 200.

-e.s.

Avengers #161 is probably one of my favorite perez covers of all time

...people see mini series and stay clear...

It's not a miniseries and was never marketed as one.

In other news, if I haven't mentioned it before, I was gently coerced by my friends at Beach Ball Comics to come down to WonderCon tomorrow and sign at their booth. That happens at noon, so if any of you are going to the show, stop by and say hi.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

...people see mini series and stay clear...

It's not a miniseries and was never marketed as one.

In other news, if I haven't mentioned it before, I was gently coerced by my friends at Beach Ball Comics to come down to WonderCon tomorrow and sign at their booth. That happens at noon, so if any of you are going to the show, stop by and say hi.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

I'm glad to hear it's not a mini-series. When I read issue #1 on Comixology about a month ago, it did have it listed as a mini-series in red font. It doesn't anymore, though.

Yes, indeed they are. Most of what followed wasn't though.

For the most part, I would agree. There are bright spots here and there. I liked Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men, same with Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. Currently, I've been (mostly) enjoying All-New X-Men.

With the FF, it's basically the Lee & Kirby run, then the stuff Roy Thomas, Len Wein and Marv Wolfman did with George Perez, Keith Pollard and others around FF 160-200, then Byrne's run.

Oh, and I guess there's Simonson's all-too-brief run around 350, too...

Silver age FF and Bronze age X-Men is the bulk of what I actually collect. Down to fewer than 50 issues of FF, only two left on X-Men!

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

:applause:

I'd just like to say how great it is that the Publisher of a major comics company can spare the time to come on here and engage with a bunch of cranky comic collectors. :applause:

I'd just like to say how great it is that the Publisher of a major comics company can spare the time to come on here and engage with a bunch of cranky psychotic comic collectors. :applause:

Edited by krighton

This was on the second page :o

Question: does anyone have a pic of #3 third print (or 3c)?

Would like to see it and can't find one.

Thanks,

R

This is the image Dreamland Comics shows. Don't know if it's real or not.

JKkAPL4.jpg

I ordered two and have all the overs (except TB).

Thinking hm about sending them all off on the slow path... thinking about it hm

If they are your keepers. Slow boat is all good.

I'm still waiting on my Clone #1 from DF. Knew I wanted one to keep.. I can wait.

I have been busy for the most part and I am finally caught up on this thread. I must say Eric, you sure now how to get people spun up. No breaks for you! We want book, not break! As always this is a quality f'in book. I'm loving every minute of it. Thanks dude!

The Slow path is the devil...I have no desire to ever throw my comics into the CGC oblivion. You would think there would be a middle of the road path..it's either 3 weeks or 8 to 9 months....how about a not quite so fast track....say 2 months.

Edited by krighton