• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Something's up b/c I 'heard' e.s. didn't want to comment on NWM at ImageExpo when RKirkman asked him about it on the panel. How silly/sick would it be if e.s. and crew came out and said, "Time is an issue, so we are going to end the arc with #6 and hopefully revisit the title within the next year with a new arc." Is that unheard of? (shrug)

I understand delays. I also appreciate pressure on artists to maintain a schedule.

I get that E.S. has a 'real' job being the big cheese over at Image and that this title takes a back seat to everything else he's got on his plate.

Here's what I don't understand or appreciate:

The utter lack of regard for the fans by NOT apologizing in some capacity for said delays. The lack of presence here to discuss any of the issues that relate to said delays. E.S. was here for awhile and I refuse to believe he got SO busy that it's impossible for him to pop his head in for one post or so just saying "Hey guys, we are trying our best to do right by the fans...don't worry...next issue will be along soon" or something to that effect.

This is the 21st century. Even the busiest guy/gal on the planet has the opportunity regardless of other responsibilities to pump out a few lines of text.

He had an opportunity to talk about the title at the most recent con and he basically said he didn't want to talk about it.

What kind of message is he sending to his fans except "I want to take a huge dump on you and tell you it's lunch time"?

He can be stiff and stuck up and utterly divorced from the material and I get it...but there's a common courtesy that's totally lacking. It's gone way beyond borderline unprofessional and has moved into the realm of "F-the Fans" IMO.

If it isn't that, I don't know what it is....because he's had ample opportunity to discuss the title in the media, the cons, here or even on the Image website. And if he's too busy to handle it, I'm sure he's got a bunch of quasimodo lackeys that would be able to twitter out a message of hope to the fans.

What gives?

I understand delays. I also appreciate pressure on artists to maintain a schedule.

I get that E.S. has a 'real' job being the big cheese over at Image and that this title takes a back seat to everything else he's got on his plate.

Here's what I don't understand or appreciate:

The utter lack of regard for the fans by NOT apologizing in some capacity for said delays. The lack of presence here to discuss any of the issues that relate to said delays. E.S. was here for awhile and I refuse to believe he got SO busy that it's impossible for him to pop his head in for one post or so just saying "Hey guys, we are trying our best to do right by the fans...don't worry...next issue will be along soon" or something to that effect.

This is the 21st century. Even the busiest guy/gal on the planet has the opportunity regardless of other responsibilities to pump out a few lines of text.

He had an opportunity to talk about the title at the most recent con and he basically said he didn't want to talk about it.

What kind of message is he sending to his fans except "I want to take a huge dump on you and tell you it's lunch time"?

He can be stiff and stuck up and utterly divorced from the material and I get it...but there's a common courtesy that's totally lacking. It's gone way beyond borderline unprofessional and has moved into the realm of "F-the Fans" IMO.

If it isn't that, I don't know what it is....because he's had ample opportunity to discuss the title in the media, the cons, here or even on the Image website. And if he's too busy to handle it, I'm sure he's got a bunch of quasimodo lackeys that would be able to twitter out a message of hope to the fans.

What gives?

I agree 100%, but as some said this could have also been done to spite the speculating community, but that's pretty tin foil hat.