• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

The fact is, although you're saying you'd like him to say _something_, the chances are whatever he could say wouldn't be good enough because the book would still be late and that's like the apocalypse for some speculators. He probably knows that no matter what he says, people will still complain, so why bother until he has something substantial to say?

How about he just says "Sorry about the delays folks". "We're doing whatever we can to minimize them". "Thanks to everyone for their continued support".

Is that too much to ask?

The fact is, although you're saying you'd like him to say _something_, the chances are whatever he could say wouldn't be good enough because the book would still be late and that's like the apocalypse for some speculators. He probably knows that no matter what he says, people will still complain, so why bother until he has something substantial to say?

How about he just says "Sorry about the delays folks". "We're doing whatever we can to minimize them". "Thanks to everyone for their continued support".

Is that too much to ask?

Would make me happy at least.

Katchoo......are you E.S. or Nate? :wink:

You're right tho, E.S. has no responsibilitiy to tell us anything about the delays and he's perfectly within his right to ignore the forums as well as be tight lipped at cons. He SHOULD hate speculators because we're nothing but filth that denegrate the sanctity of his beloved book (which he doesn't see fit to write with any regularity).

He SHOULD defend artists that cannot put things in the mail because of the weather and at every turn he should seem like a pretty wound up tightass because it's very becoming of a publisher of a comic book company.

Of course all that should be followed up by a tantrum about all the aforementioned things resulting in his exodus from the forums, because it's very adult-like.

How many variants do you have? lol

Got a few, but that isn't the crux of my view. I've got my bigboy pants on speculating in silver age keys. The moderns are just for z and giggles. But my commentary remains the same: silence is unprofessional. E.S. doesn't run Area 51, he's dealing with comic books...

Even at the con with Kirkman. One sentence wouldn't have been too difficult to utter. Instead he got his panties all bunched up.

Silence until there is something substantial to say is professional in my view.

Dude, make one reply without mentioning speculators. I have one graded and one raw copy of #1 for my collection, NOT for speculating. I'm just as pissed as everybody else because this was my favorite modern title. If E.S. was/is invested in NWM, there would be some kind of reaction to the delays. If I was doing something I love, I'd be doing everything I could to put out the book on time.

No matter if "the book would still be late and that's like the apocalypse for some speculators," actual fans of the series would like some kind of reaction to at least know they're still invested in continuing the series. I'd have more respect for somebody who would come here or on the internet and say, "We're doing the best we can to get the next issue out. It will be late, but we're trying" than to have no comment whatsoever.

EDIT: accessndx beat me to it

Edited by chaseman210

You're right tho, E.S. has no responsibilitiy to tell us anything about the delays and he's perfectly within his right to ignore the forums as well as be tight lipped at cons. He SHOULD hate speculators because we're nothing but filth that denegrate the sanctity of his beloved book (which he doesn't see fit to write with any regularity).

He SHOULD defend artists that cannot put things in the mail because of the weather and at every turn he should seem like a pretty wound up tightass because it's very becoming of a publisher of a comic book company.

Of course all that should be followed up by a tantrum about all the aforementioned things resulting in his exodus from the forums, because it's very adult-like.

Got a few, but that isn't the crux of my view. I've got my bigboy pants on speculating in silver age keys. The moderns are just for z and giggles. But my commentary remains the same: silence is unprofessional. E.S. doesn't run Area 51, he's dealing with comic books...

Even at the con with Kirkman. One sentence wouldn't have been too difficult to utter. Instead he got his panties all bunched up.

Here is my problem. I have purchased 3 copies of this comic every month. I order 95% of my books 2 months in advance. I paid Midtown Comics March 19 for issue 6, June 13 for issue 7, and July 10 for issue 8. I'm speculating that I paid for nothing lol

This is no way reflects Midtown. They do great for me month after month :grin:

Edited by The Authority

Here is my problem. I have purchased 3 copies of this comic every month. I order 95% of my books 2 months in advance. I paid Midtown Comics March 19 for issue 6, June 13 for issue 7, and July 10 for issue 8. I'm speculating that I paid for nothing lol

They'll refund you if the issues are eventually cancelled. Of course these delays may drag out indefinitely, so it could take a while to get either your books or your money.

They'll refund you if the issues are eventually cancelled. Of course they may just drag this out indefinitely, so it may take a while to get either your books or your money.

I would prefer the comics but the refund is a nice option. Thanks

any other Image comics delayed? Luther Strode has suffered some, No Place Like Home is probably DOA, Nowhere Men of course, Danger Club was almost dead.

What's the deal with Image and delays, is it because they don't crack the whip like they do at Marvel & DC? Or is working for Image more loosy goosy since their writers/artists have day jobs and this is more like a hobby (when they have time).

Edited by krighton

any other Image comics delayed? Luther Strode has suffered some, No Place Like Home is probably DOA, Nowhere Men of course, Danger Club was almost dead.

What's the deal with Image and delays, is it because they don't crack the whip like they do at Marvel & DC? Or is working for Image more loosy goosy since their writers/artists have day jobs and this is more like a hobby (when they have time).

I think the issue is that you don't really work for Image. In many ways, Image works for you if you publish a comic under their banner. The creators own all of the rights and make all of the decisions (print run, variants, etc.). Image helps with advertising and the production, but they are ultimately a company dedicated to helping creators publish work. It's hard to crack the whip on someone that you work for.

I think the issue is that you don't really work for Image. In many ways, Image works for you if you publish a comic under their banner. The creators own all of the rights and make all of the decisions (print run, variants, etc.). Image helps with advertising and the production, but they are ultimately a company dedicated to helping creators publish work. It's hard to crack the whip on someone that you work for.

well that does make sense...so depending in the creative team they may need to crack the whip on themselves as a form of motivation to finish their projects on time.

I think Larry said it best... CGC boardies = "wretched hive of scum and villainy"

I really like it here. :insane:

0818a4f0.jpg

I think the worst offender the Krighton left off his list is America's Got Powers! Now that is a slloooooowwww book.

well that does make sense...so depending in the creative team they may need to crack the whip on themselves as a form of motivation to finish their projects on time.

It happens to all self employed people. Self motivation equals success.

I think Larry said it best... CGC boardies = "wretched hive of scum and villainy"

I really like it here. :insane:

+1

0818a4f0.jpg