• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Finally caught up to this page.

THIS is getting out of hands. Thought bubble, 2nd print, 3rd print, orange, blue and most of them in the span of just a couple weeks? I am staying away and selling all of my remaining NWM. It does look suspicious

As I've mentioned before, if publishers don't reject the temptation of overprinting for the sake of taking advantage of the hype, we are all in deep sh$-&t. Collectors will see through it and the bottom will crumble

Setting limits obviously didn't work. Too bad for menace :(

yeah, so instead of paying $30 a pop i'm paying upwards of $125 a pop...oh well, i'm sure it made sense in the grand scheme of things. I know why it was done, doesn't mean it's any less painful.

Edited by krighton

Setting limits obviously didn't work. Too bad for menace :(

yeah, so instead of paying $30 a pop i'm paying upwards of $125 a pop...oh well, i'm sure it made sense in the grand scheme of things. I know why it was done, doesn't mean it's any less painful.

I just think the final outcome was lame. Instead of menace making 2k for charity and 2k for himself, this guy sold 20 copies on ebay for about a 2k profit and none to charity

Edited by I like pie

I would like to offer my 2c re: overspending on new Nowhere Men variants.

I would encourage fans to purchase OA from Nate before dropping big bucks on lesser variants

+1. His pricing seemed very reasonable compared to this... whatever this is... variant .

Thought bubble is the convention variant, the blue one is the RRP. People are already paying more for a RRP then the thought bubble

Thought bubble was released before the #1 1st print and the comicspro was the 5th #1 released and released after the #1 TB Variant, #1 1st print, , #1 2nd print, #2 1st print, #2 2nd print and #3 1st print.

I saw 4 copies of the TB at my LCS the same day that the regular #1 1st came out so was it really released a bit earlier?

Foolishly, I passed on them as the preview in NWM #102 kind of sucked and I liked the regular cover better. :tonofbricks:doh!

I went to a LCS today and they had a bunch of NWM #1 1st print for $25, I told them I wanted to buy a few and by a few I mean like 15 and they wouldnt let me :(

They capped me at 2.

WTF!!!

Well the LCS can do what they like. It's their shop, their rules. They make money off people opening files and starting subscriptions.

You buying all 15 would make them some quick cash but they would rather have 15 people come in and buy it and open a file. Also, it's nice to have copies of titles available to people who are customers at their shop.

If they have a 2x limit rule then they should display it. That would be mine only gripe.

I was holding my breath hoping I could get one before the cost became asinine. Now I just want to watch it hit $300 before the night is out. I will likely just never get one. NWM is just not meant to be for me. *cries*