• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I knew I would get these generalized responses, that people throw at all books that are stupid hot.

This book is different however. Its 3 months after the first issue came out. I again ask you, why the would you buy this at more than $5. Its a limited reprint, who cares. If I wasnt too lazy I could show you multiple " Hot" books that have very limited reprints that sell for cover or less.... cause WHO CARES.

Saga is one example. Different colored covers for reprints.

This one is different because its a special reprint at a con? give me a break. this is not your NWM RRP people, stop being goofballs.

I knew I would get these generalized responses, that people throw at all books that are stupid hot.

This book is different however. Its 3 months after the first issue came out. I again ask you, why the would you buy this at more than $5. Its a limited reprint, who cares. If I wasnt too lazy I could show you multiple " Hot" books that have very limited reprints that sell for cover or less.... cause WHO CARES.

This one is different because its a special reprint at a con? give me a break. this is not your NWM RRP people, stop being goofballs.

A better question, why do you care???

Court said it best when he said the market will determine if its considered a first print. Right now, it has. I'll get them eventually to complete my collection but honestly wish they never came out.

Yep, looks like we found another H8R.

If you don't like what we do, the coin society is taking applications.

Or are you someone that just like to poke a finger in someone's eye to merit a response?

Bad form.

A better question, why do you care???

Ive been in the comic book collecting hobby for three decades. Im interested, and care about every aspect of it.

Is that ok with you?

Silver, why is ANYTHING collectible?

Or what he said...

I honestly mean no offense....

But that is the lamest, and laziest response anyone could give in a collecting hobby.

Why even have a forum then?

Why do people collect: cars, stamps, coins, Disney, etc.?

Because at the end of the day they think it's cool.

You know what's not cool? Hating on others opinions and collecting practices.

One of them has a different cover and came out before issue 1. The others are variants in color only, and came out months later. I don't see how this is even a fair fight.

And...I love the fact that the difference between a reprint and a rare "variant" is as simple as mode of distribution...and the name attached to it. If we were honest about it, and called the ComicsPro a 4th print and the CBLDF a 5th print, what would the demand be then...?

Sometimes the whole variant market just looks like a bunch of lemmings with too much money in hand running towards a cliff.

Love you, Court.... but would you be saying this if you got your x50 :takeit: ??

:grin::foryou:

No, I'd definitely sell them all first...THEN voice my honest opinion!

I would be more than happy to make a profit off any of 'em...I just don't personally care for them in the slightest as far as my own collection is concerned. ;)

IMO, the Thought Bubble is the grail, the first print is the true first issue...and everything else is just white noise. I would equate these color variants to Larry's Bedlam 1 "Special Edition"...which, IMO, is a total joke. That's even worse, though, as it's a store exclusive reprint being packaged as something it's not. At least these color variants are more "official", I guess.

Have to agree with Court!

One thought and a question.

First, I keep thinking that the 2nd printing of this is only around 2k. Very small print run and should be going up in price.

Second, any guesses what the thought bubble will be at in two weeks? Everyone states this is the one they truly desire.