• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

How many of these yearbooks were printed?

Only 1,566 of those yearbooks were printed. I'm not sure how many went to Diamond after the convention.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Only 1,566 of those yearbooks were printed. I'm not sure how many went to Diamond after the convention.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

He's back! Be careful, Eric. Before you know it you have posted 2,000 times and wonder why your up at 2:00 AM arguing about plots, availability, and ranting in general.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

1,566 Nice! (thumbs u

Eric as you are here - whats your thoughts on the excessive number of Bedlam variants?

Did it help or hinder Images plans for this book?

Eric as you are here - whats your thoughts on the excessive number of Bedlam variants?

For the first issue?

I think the pre-release NYCC variant helped. It raised awareness of the book and got some buzz going, which resulted in an increase in orders. We sold out pretty quickly and the second print sold out as well.

I think hitting kind of a bump in the road with scheduling was somewhat of a hindrance, but that seems to have ironed itself out, and I think we'll okay going forward.

People either like variants or they don't. I originally didn't want to do one for NWM, but then the opportunity to do the Thought Bubble cover came up and we found a cover design we all liked, so that worked. We're doing different artwork for the second printings, because we wanted to make the first printings unique and special for the people who were there for them from the start.

It can either be fun, or it can become kind of crass, and yeah, I realize sometimes we're probably treading a fine line there. We're keeping an eye on it, though.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

For the first issue?

I think the pre-release NYCC variant helped. It raised awareness of the book and got some buzz going, which resulted in an increase in orders. We sold out pretty quickly and the second print sold out as well.

I think hitting kind of a bump in the road with scheduling was somewhat of a hindrance, but that seems to have ironed itself out, and I think we'll okay going forward.

People either like variants or they don't. I originally didn't want to do one for NWM, but then the opportunity to do the Thought Bubble cover came up and we found a cover design we all liked, so that worked. We're doing different artwork for the second printings, because we wanted to make the first printings unique and special for the people who were there for them from the start.

It can either be fun, or it can become kind of crass, and yeah, I realize sometimes we're probably treading a fine line there. We're keeping an eye on it, though.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

:cloud9:

We didn't mean the 'authorised' variants like NYCC - we meant the LCS copies that flooded the market at the time of Bedlams release.

There were literally 8 different ones,all released through stores that were rejected by the 'Ghost' variant group.

Eric,

Any idea if Peter Panzerfaust is going to be published beyond 25 issues?

Kurtis Weibe just posted the following on the PP thread a few hours ago:

"And, as everyone's talking about this topic, Peter Panzerfaust will only be 25 issues, even if sales boom. I have a very concise plan in place for the series."

We didn't mean the 'authorised' variants like NYCC - we meant the LCS copies that flooded the market at the time of Bedlams release.

There were literally 8 different ones,all released through stores that were rejected by the 'Ghost' variant group.

I think "rejected" is a rather harsh term. The Ghost Variant group was set up by a specific group of guys who wanted to do something together.

The other variants are all authorized. They all went through this office. I think some of the retailers not invited to participate in the Ghost Variant group were a little miffed and just figured, we'll do our own exclusives. If they feel there's a market for it on their ends and the individual creators want to participate, I don't have have a problem with it. I'm all for whatever helps individual stores grow their business.

Do I think that sort of things is sustainable over the long term? Well, no, and I would hope they realize that, too. End of the day, you want people to read and enjoy these things, not just hunt and collect them.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

VF first print #1 are back in stock at mcs $2.39

MCS ?

Truly learning the ropes, eh? Haha jk. Welcome to the boards.

Mycomicshop.com

#1 is sold out now. #2 second prints still in stock though.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I think "rejected" is a rather harsh term. The Ghost Variant group was set up by a specific group of guys who wanted to do something together.

The other variants are all authorized. They all went through this office. I think some of the retailers not invited to participate in the Ghost Variant group were a little miffed and just figured, we'll do our own exclusives. If they feel there's a market for it on their ends and the individual creators want to participate, I don't have have a problem with it. I'm all for whatever helps individual stores grow their business.

Do I think that sort of things is sustainable over the long term? Well, no, and I would hope they realize that, too. End of the day, you want people to read and enjoy these things, not just hunt and collect them.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Thankyou Eric - thats all I wanted to ever hear.

Congratulations to Image for providing some of the best comics of the last 5 years - long may it continue.