• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM full run... how much?

21 posts in this topic

Ok, my dream grail run would be Amazing Spider-Man, forgeting movie hype and aiming for a 'nice' condition (ie. not high grade), what would I be realistacly expecting to pay?

To add, I am writing a very very big Spider-Man book (not comic book), and I am would require the run for research also...

You might want to grab a copy of Overstreet and just add up the "Very Good" or 'Fine' prices. Add in 5 or 10 percent to cover shipping and postage from dealers. That will get you a ballpark figure. If anyone does the math I'm kind of curious myself what this would cost.

FYI: There is a big difference in 'Good' and 'Fine' prices for the first 20 or so issues. Depends a lot on how much you want to spend and how important condition is for you.

Good luck. smile.gif

Ok, my dream grail run would be Amazing Spider-Man, forgeting movie hype and aiming for a 'nice' condition (ie. not high grade), what would I be realistacly expecting to pay?

To add, I am writing a very very big Spider-Man book (not comic book), and I am would require the run for research also...

If you're looking for a cheaper alternative, for research purposes, check out the Essential Spider-Man (they've got about the first 115 issues reprinted in b&w, now) OR check out Marvel Tales, as it reprinted TONS of Spidey stories (Marvel kicked off with Amazing Fantasy 15 in issue #137, I think & ran it for about 80-90 issues consecutively before the title ran down).

Marvel Tales, as it reprinted TONS of Spidey stories (Marvel kicked off with Amazing Fantasy 15 in issue #137, I think & ran it for about 80-90 issues consecutively before the title ran down).

I love Marvel Tales. Unfortunately sometimes they cut out pages and updated dialogue but I still love em. thumbsup2.gif

Marvel Tales, as it reprinted TONS of Spidey stories (Marvel kicked off with Amazing Fantasy 15 in issue #137, I think & ran it for about 80-90 issues consecutively before the title ran down).

I love Marvel Tales. Unfortunately sometimes they cut out pages and updated dialogue but I still love em. thumbsup2.gif

Me too. I have a complete run from 100-139 that I bought off the newsstand when I was a youngster. cloud9.gif

Lately....I've been waxing nastalgic and try to find NM+ copies of all of those issues.

Me too. I have a complete run from 100-139 that I bought off the newsstand when I was a youngster. cloud9.gif

Lately....I've been waxing nastalgic and try to find NM+ copies of all of those issues.

foreheadslap.gif It's woxing nostalgic! makepoint.gif

Not so fast there...

Wax:

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English weaxan; akin to Old High German wahsan to increase, Greek auxanein, Latin augEre —more at EKE

Date: before 12th century

1 a : to increase in size, numbers, strength, prosperity, or intensity b : to grow in volume or duration c : to grow toward full development

2 : to increase in phase or intensity — used chiefly of the moon, other satellites, and inferior planets

3 : to assume a (specified) characteristic, quality, or state : BECOME -wax indignant-

Here is another wonderful opportunity to begin a full ASM run:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2256745670&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

No way...this auction sucks! I bet you the seller doesn't shower on a regular basis either. Would you want your ASM collection to start off smelling like poo? I think not! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Not so fast there...

Wax:

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English weaxan; akin to Old High German wahsan to increase, Greek auxanein, Latin augEre —more at EKE

1 a : to increase in size, numbers, strength, prosperity, or intensity b : to grow in volume or duration c : to grow toward full development

2 : to increase in phase or intensity — used chiefly of the moon, other satellites, and inferior planets

3 : to assume a (specified) characteristic, quality, or state : BECOME -wax indignant-

Ummm, the 'woxing' was a playful poke at the correction on Beyonder's spelling of 'nostalgic' as 'nastalgic'. So rather than correct or ignore the 'nastalgic' only, I thought it good fun to also 'correct' his use of the phrase by similarly altering the first word 'waxing' as well to the nonsensical 'woxing'. stooges.gif

Not so fast there...

Wax:

Ummm, the 'woxing' was a playful poke at the correction on Beyonder's spelling of 'nostalgic' as 'nastalgic'. So rather than correct or ignore the 'nastalgic' only, I thought it good fun to also 'correct' his use of the phrase by similarly altering the first word 'waxing' as well to the nonsensical 'woxing'. stooges.gif

You know after I put in the effort to look that up and make the post, it dawned on me that you were doing something along those lines. crazy.gif

But it's not nice to confuse the poor Canadian boy any further. He has a hard enough time reading eBay seller's instructions about not shipping up north.

makepoint.gif

Not so fast there...

Wax:

You know after I put in the effort to look that up and make the post, it dawned on me that you were doing something along those lines. crazy.gif

But it's not nice to confuse the poor Canadian boy any further. He has a hard enough time reading eBay seller's instructions about not shipping up north.

makepoint.gif

Clearly, as our registration dates make obvious, you will always be a day or so behind me. stooges.gif

btw, I ship to Canada! thumbsup2.gif

Uh, Just realized I'm the one who's behind you!

Now look, you've made me waste my 500th post correcting my own error! Oh, the irony! I had wanted to -script a novella into comics general, something befitting of an otherworldly post count like 500, so even, so round, so landmarkish. grin.gif

Uh, Just realized I'm the one who's behind you!

Now look, you've made me waste my 500th post correcting my own error! Oh, the irony! I had wanted to -script a novella into comics general, something befitting of an otherworldly post count like 500, so even, so round, so landmarkish. grin.gif

Don't worry...

My 5000th post won't be anything too fancy either.