• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Anthony Castrillo Sketch Covers: Revisited [CLOSED]

56 posts in this topic

Yeah you know, the next day or so ... :whistle:

It's no big secret. I just need to clear a couple things up with CGC before I can list it. And I don't seem to be able to get anyone on the phone today.

Anybody answering today? :lol:

I just got off the phone with CGC (finally!). Now I just gotta get a nice scan of the thing, and we'll see how it goes.

The story behind the signature.

At Baltimore i was fortunate enough to meet Bernie Wrightson and talk to him about his art and career and the ups and down of the industry,after having finished I remembered having the cover in my bag and pulled it out to show him,he liked what he saw and then i asked if he wouldnt mind signing it,he did and made my day.:)

So thats it.

scan1210050001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

At Baltimore i was fortunate enough to meet Bernie Wrightson and talk to him about his art and career and the ups and down of the industry,after having finished I remembered having the cover in my bag and pulled it out to show him,he liked what he saw and then i asked if he wouldnt mind signing it,he did and made my day.:)

So thats it.

scan1210050001.jpg

:o

(worship)

So thats it.

scan1210050001.jpg

:o :o :o :o (worship)(worship)

Now that is AWESOME and will make an excellent addition to any Swamp Thing collection! Really, really nice and Wrightson's sig on it is a cherry on the top!

52.jpg

$240 $210 SOLD

I spoke to CGC about this one, 'cuz I wasn't sure how they would grade it. It'll be a yellow label for Anthony's signature and art, but not for Bernie's. Works for me! :headbang:

So, here's a sweet-azz Swamp Thing 1 recreation from Anthony, with bonus Bernie Wrightson signature. So cool!!! :whee:

If anyone is on the fence here, i've bought 4 sketch covers from AC in the last few months. I just got them all back from CGC in one bunch and they are INSANE! Not good, not great, FREAKING INSANE!!! (worship)

I'm talking without question the nicest sketch covers i've ever seen in person. His talent is beyond freaking words. I'm not a sketch cover guy whatsoever but the 4 books ive gotten from him just blew me away! (worship)(worship)(worship)

If anyone is on the fence here, i've bought 4 sketch covers from AC in the last few months. I just got them all back from CGC in one bunch and they are INSANE! Not good, not great, FREAKING INSANE!!! (worship)

I'm talking without question the nicest sketch covers i've ever seen in person. His talent is beyond freaking words. I'm not a sketch cover guy whatsoever but the 4 books ive gotten from him just blew me away! (worship)(worship)(worship)

(thumbs u I'm glad you're happy with them Jason. You got some good ones. :)

52.jpg

$240 $210

I spoke to CGC about this one, 'cuz I wasn't sure how they would grade it. It'll be a yellow label for Anthony's signature and art, but not for Bernie's. Works for me! :headbang:

So, here's a sweet-azz Swamp Thing 1 recreation from Anthony, with bonus Bernie Wrightson signature. So cool!!! :whee:

:takeit:

Raw.

52.jpg

$240 $210

:takeit:

Raw.

^^

Thanks man,these spot sales go to getting books in and out of CGC and now that Dan an i are about done,I wont offer any more sketch covers so thanks for picking up the art.:)

I just recently found your art and I really enjoy it as well. I hope that at some time in the future you may consider changing your mind about doing sketch covers :wishluck: