• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good SA reprints for getting signed?

8 posts in this topic

Ok as I was trying to target a book for the Infantino signing I decided I didnt want him to sign my higher grade SA Flash books... but I didnt want him to sign something "modern" that wasnt his work...

Luckily I stumbled across a reprint of Flash Annual #1

60P3t.png

Reprinted in 2001 it was just what I was looking for... Infantino cover, no big "REPRINT" markings on it (anywhere from what I can see), no "NOT FOR RESALE" just a nice looking Flash Annual #1 reprint.

Then I started wondering if there were other SA reprints like this...

I know about the Golden Records Reprints, and those are the "gold standard" of reprints, but these days those are pricey too! There are some decent Marvel Legends reprints that could be used, but most seem to have a big NOT FOR RESALE black box on them... There are good reprints of Action 1 and Detective 27, but what else is out there?

anyone?

In the early 90's, DC put out a title called DC Silver Age Classics (or something close to that) they were silver metallic bordered and they reprinted Showcase 22, HOS 92, and tons and tons of other expensive back issues. They look sharp and it is an accurate reprint of the original creators work. So it is a nice compromise for those that do not want (or can't afford) the originals.

Im just not a fan of those two reprint lines.. well I am a fan in terms of "if I want to read the original in floppy w/o paying a ton" but in terms of getting a signature Im not a fan...

There are the JCPenny reprints from the 80s it looks like which are pretty true to the original covers, but they didnt hit on many "key" books (they were all marvel too).

This "lost" green lantern annual is a nice SA type cover... to bad almost all the contributors are gone...

q0R7c.jpg

I almost like the Toys-r-Us reprints... if not for the Store logo on the cover...

In the early 90's, DC put out a title called DC Silver Age Classics (or something close to that) they were silver metallic bordered and they reprinted Showcase 22, HOS 92, and tons and tons of other expensive back issues. They look sharp and it is an accurate reprint of the original creators work. So it is a nice compromise for those that do not want (or can't afford) the originals.

plus cheaper fees and faster turnaround!

plus cheaper fees and faster turnaround!

:headbang:

another part of my rationale...