• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC Comic Con - Friday for Art?

5 posts in this topic

I live in Calif but will be in NYC next week - is it worth extending my stay (and paying for a hotel night) to go to this show on Friday only?

How much vintage art shows up here?

Thanks!

Mark

It's a pretty big show. I was an exhibitor there last year set up right by the art guys and I would put it on par with almost any show in the country.

This show is nipping on the heels of San Diego as far as size and popularity goes but is much more accessible since tickets don't sell out in an hour and hotels are readily available.

Only Friday tickets are available. All other tickets have been sold out. Advisable to purchase a ticket ahead of time. As a long time attendee of SDCC and a fellow Californian, NYC is definitely worth the time and effort. The show is just a tad smaller than SDCC, but just as crowded. Plenty of high-end OA for sale. Artist Alley will open one hour longer than the exhibit hall. Only 10% chance of rain on Friday.

I graduated from Lowell High School in San Francisco with a nice guy named Mark Levy back in the early 70s. Mark Levy is a pretty popular name, so you can't be that Mark Levy?

All the good vintage art will be sold on Thursday during preview night. :baiting:

You never know what someone will break out of their private collection but I think more and more vintage art is going to the auction houses. I usually end up being more "surprised" at what shows up at SDCC than NYCC.

With that said, NYCC is a nice show to attend.

Cheers!

N.