• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 123

30 posts in this topic

Maybe it would suffice to buy a better camera, but – again – I think you would spend more or less the same, so, yes, a scanner is recommended.

EPSON used to produce good models also on the cheap, but I’m not so up-to-date.

There's a place here in Bangkok called Pantip Plaza. The mother of all IT shops here, the entirety of Pantip Plaza is dedicated to computer and technology items.

I need to stop being a lazy S.O.B. and break down and get one! doh!

yes, Epson V30 is cheap as dirt, slow but reliable. I scanned thousands of books with mine and it is still going strong. I bought mine days after I joined this forum. It sucks with slabs because it is too small but I still use it for slabs as long as cut off the top part when I scan.

http://www.amazon.com/Epson-B11B193141-Perfection-Photo-Scanner/dp/B001P3PSVC

Just asking, is anyone here planning on bidding on this book? I don't want to run anyone up...MODOK wouldn't mind I don't think :gossip:

Dubious anyone from the boards will bid on this book or any others I have on eBay. Most of the membership has an pronounced bias against buying "raw" comic books on eBay due to overgrading and faulty packaging. There may be a few who know me from this PGM forum who may take a chance. Everyone can check my eBay feedback since I've moved here to Bangkok and started selling my collection. I have nothing to hide. I strive to do my best.

Being in Thailand is a major barrier to many eBay buyers. Most don't appreciate my strict requirement to ship via Thailand Post Registered Airmail. Service takes between 7 to 10 business days for the package to get to North America (USA or Canada.) Signature required. Safety is paramount. Yes, it's pricey for 1 book, but usually getting 2 to 3 books works out a better average per book.

eBayers expect to pay surface mail prices at $5.00 or less per book. That's ludicrous to have books shipped by overseas by cargo ship - takes about 4 to 6 weeks! Also, no signature required at delivery. I simply won't do it.

As an observation, the majority of my buyers have been Canadian! :shy:

Dubious anyone from the boards will bid on this book or any others I have on eBay. Most of the membership has an pronounced bias against buying "raw" comic books on eBay due to overgrading and faulty packaging.

As you know, I do not collect CGC comics (at least not with the intention of keeping them for me in their cases), and I buy books constantly on eBay, it just takes a keen eye and if the auction has a good description and photo documentation, I always feel confident. Outside of those cases, you know you take some risk, so it‘s up to you.

If I have not purchased (or inquired about) any of yours is simply because I have been spending like crazy in the last two months, and it depends on what I am looking for at some moment, but of course I’d love to buy something from you if the occasion arises. (thumbs u

If it’s a book I love I would make you an offer anyway; just don’t like the idea of spending unneeded money in eBay fees. lol

Just asking, is anyone here planning on bidding on this book? I don't want to run anyone up...MODOK wouldn't mind I don't think […]

I'm quite fond of this book.

Bid away, my friend, no competition here. ;)