• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw a trailer on Catwoman

22 posts in this topic

Man was it terrible. I have a bad feeling about this one. I hope it does well but if the Punisher, which I thought was a good movie, didn't do so well at the box office, I'm skeptical about Catwoman.

Why do you hope it does well?

Most of us here hope it bombs.

That way the next time Hollywood greenlights a superhero movie on one hand it will look at spiderman that has stayed pretty solid with the feel of the comic....and on the other hand catwoman that changed 100% who and what this character is.

You can't call a movie CATWOMAN if it isn't really Catwoman. This is not Catwoman!

Catwoman is like a generic soda company that is trying to be Pepsi or Coke except it is actually aloud to put the brand name of the big two on it's can.

The generic soda companies can't do that, so why should Hollywood be aloud to ruin an actually decent character by changing everything about her that has been around since Batman #1

sumo.gif

Man was it terrible. I have a bad feeling about this one. I hope it does well but if the Punisher, which I thought was a good movie, didn't do so well at the box office, I'm skeptical about Catwoman.

My current guess is that Catwoman will be the biggest "comic book" movie flop since Howard The Duck...

Halle Berry is not the kind of actress who can make a bad -script good, she needs quality writing or she dies on screen, and based on the trailers this movie makes Daredevil look like Citizen Kane. The Catwoman director obviously thought that Halle's bosom was the star of Monsters Ball and came to the conclusion that it should star in Catwoman as well. He should really go back to doing visual effects for Asterix and Obelix.

I liked the Punisher movie. And I think it will play well on tv down the line. I expect to see it as a routine staple on FX, USA, SpikeTV and the like for the next decade. It did about as well as could be expected in the theater, but it has good re-watch potential because it's one of those movies that you can just watch the second half of and be entertained.

Catwoman can't leave the theater fast enough for me. And I would bet that if Bob Kane were alive today, he would ask to have his name removed from this film. frown.gif

Yep. No chance in hell this movie will be any good.

I hope that Newt is right, and it makes the execs re-examine what projects get the greenlight as far as "comic movies" go. Hopefully, it will get the FF movie shelved for another couple years (forever 893crossfingers-thumb.gif).

but if the Punisher, which I thought was a good movie, didn't do so well at the box office, I'm skeptical about Catwoman.

Don't worry, if you loved The Punisher, then Catwoman will likely be an Oscar-winner in your books. 27_laughing.gif

Why do you hope it does well?

Most of us here hope it bombs.

That way the next time Hollywood greenlights a superhero movie on one hand it will look at spiderman that has stayed pretty solid with the feel of the comic....and on the other hand catwoman that changed 100% who and what this character is.

You can't call a movie CATWOMAN if it isn't really Catwoman. This is not Catwoman!

Catwoman is like a generic soda company that is trying to be Pepsi or Coke except it is actually aloud to put the brand name of the big two on it's can.

The generic soda companies can't do that, so why should Hollywood be aloud to ruin an actually decent character by changing everything about her that has been around since Batman #1

sumo.gif

Newt - - I like the analogy. Really nails the situation.

.... but dude - - 'aloud' isnt a typo for 'allowed'. What are they teaching in schools anyway???

Note to Hollywwod trendsetters and followers:

If you arent willing to throw 9 figures plus at a comic book movie... just say no.

For those who say the film looks stupid though, just what would you have done with Halle's assets and a female crimefighter in a leather costume that would be at all interesting to an audience? Unless its Selina's Big Score...but even then, that was a rum-of-the-mill heist/PI movie story that played well in a new medium...the comic page.

sumo.gif

.... but dude - - 'aloud' isnt a typo for 'allowed'. What are they teaching in schools anyway???

Newt must be using some kind of speech recognition software! insane.gif27_laughing.gif

Note to Hollywwod trendsetters and followers:

If you arent willing to throw 9 figures plus at a comic book movie... just say no.

Ummmmm, didn't this movie have a production budget in the $120 million range? foreheadslap.gif

While I agree with everyone else that this movie has all the indications that it's going to blow chunks, I do disagree with how it will do. This movie has a chance to make a bit of money of the pre-pubescent boys and the female crowd. It's the first real female comic hero to the screen in a long time and I think the chicks are going to be out in force for it. It definitely won't make the money of Spider-Man or even Batman 2, but it won't be a complete flop confused-smiley-013.gif

It's the first real female comic hero to the screen in a long time and I think the chicks are going to be out in force for it.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

No, seriously, that was a joke right?

Well, just for what its worth, I believe it will get a huge audience from the alternative-lifestyle, non-traditional-sexual-roles, WNBA fan base. Several of those women that I work with are going for opening day, and, in the Washington area at least, it has received massive advertising play in the lesbian marketplace (see, the things you learn when you work with all women). Apparently the buzz in that marketplace is Halle and Sharon have some serious chemistry. Who knew?

Yep. No chance in hell this movie will be any good.

I hope that Newt is right, and it makes the execs re-examine what projects get the greenlight as far as "comic movies" go. Hopefully, it will get the FF movie shelved for another couple years (forever 893crossfingers-thumb.gif).

boo.gif

but if the Punisher, which I thought was a good movie, didn't do so well at the box office, I'm skeptical about Catwoman.

Don't worry, if you loved The Punisher, then Catwoman will likely be an Oscar-winner in your books. 27_laughing.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

Not sure about this quote above. I know I'm not the only one that liked The Punisher. As far as wanting Catwoman to succeed I see your point that if the movie tanks then the producers would rethink about making movies that do not stick to the comic. But I was just concerned that if this movie doesn't do well, that hollywood will shy away from making comic book movies in general. I mean there will always be the Spider-Man and X-Men stuff but I'm talking about comic book movies of characters that aren't as popular or of less obscured characters such as Hellboy. I don't want Catwoman to be seen as a reason to shy away from making these other films

sumo.gif

Newt must be using some kind of speech recognition software! insane.gif27_laughing.gif

lol never mumble when using one of those. insane.gif