• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Walking Dead #1

30 posts in this topic

Print run 7266

White 4000

Black 3266

value $2200

I thought it has been discussed to death that even Kirkman himself said there is no solid number for exactly how many are black vs. white? Curious where these numbers are coming from.

Print run 7266

White 4000

Black 3266

value $2200

I thought it has been discussed to death that even Kirkman himself said there is no solid number for exactly how many are black vs. white? Curious where these numbers are coming from.

The universe?

Print run 7266

White 4000

Black 3266

value $2200

As Hado rightly said,Black came first, hence the stopping of the print run at 3266 - as it was a mistake.

4000 'correct' white ones were printed.

The total was 7266 - that is not in doubt - its defo 7266.

There were defo 4000 white,therefore leaving 3266 Black writing copies.

Hope that helps (thumbs u

Print run 7266

White 4000

Black 3266

value $2200

Hi Brendan, I'm pretty sure these are Image/Kirkmans own numbers, which were in an interview.

I had it saved but can't find it.

Correct or not,I'm pretty sure that this is the accepted number of #1's printed.

Wether less were actually sold,I don't know.

I defo know there were 4000 white copies,so by mathematical default,that leaves 3266.

If I'm wrong,then I'm happy to be corrected,as I have always based postings on this. (shrug)

But its the figure I see constantly quoted for #1.

Cheers (thumbs u

Andy

9.8's going for about $1700 on ebay

Highest 9.8 fetched $2780

Highest 9.9 (Beachbums) $7200

Just to clarify: 7266 wasn't the print run. It was the approximate amount of orders that Diamond received from retailers in North America. It doesn't account for orders received from the retailers in the United Kingdom or Australia (and possibly others).

If there was a 1:1 ratio of Black and White, based on the law of averages, you would see the Black come up for sale as often as the White. The Black only comes up for sale, in my experience, about 1 in 7 times a Walking Dead #1 is listed on Ebay.

There are significantly less Blacks then Whites.

Edit: Just did a quick search on Ebay. Sorting by Highest to Lowest Price, on the first page there are 45 individual copies of #1 for sale. 38 are white and 7 are black.

My math sucks but that would make the current eBay ratio more than 5:1 hm

Or more people are holding onto the black ones just thinking they are the rare ones when maybe they aren't (shrug)

mines black, so I refuse to even consider this logic.