• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does CGC grade.....

6 posts in this topic

I keep reading how CGC grades Bronze age different then Silver age different then modern age etc etc. But how do they grade the different companies? For example Gold Key or Charlton comics in 9.4 or better are alot more rare than say Marvel or DC from the same period. Do they take that into consideration? confused.gif GK

I certainly hope that all companies are treated the same when grading, there is no reason why they shouldn't be.

Although many people think that silver age DC books gets a tougher time than silver age Marvel ones. I have yet to see any evidence of this though.

I have yet to see any evidence of this though.

I agree...of all the books I've submitted, some of my biggest "gifts" were on DC books. Not to say some of my "NM" DC's got slamboed as well... mad.gif

From my collecting experience (buying collections, shows, etc), 60's DC's are tougher to get overall than Marvels from the same period, simply because Marvel was more popular and more collected (and hoarded) than DC. They're especially tougher to find in very high grades (9.2 and up) than many Marvels, IMHO.