• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2?

19 posts in this topic

If you go to C2E2, ill help you catch those blasted Smurfs.

So Fingh will be there.

C2E2 is now in my calender.

What others are good conventions to go to?

C2E2 is in the city, which make it appealing but boardies are more spread out (all over downtown) so you don't get to see as many of them and WW Chicago arguably has more comics over all.

For all around fun circling around comics and boardies I'd hit WW Chicago before C2E2.

If you want to see the city of Chicago then go to C2E2.

New York is expensive as heck but a heck of a show.

Baltimore and Charlotte are fantastic pure comic shows with great set ups and promoters- more of a mid size show each of them is, but still lots of fun. Baltimore and Charlotte are also great cities to visit.

San Diego is the one to beat but it's expensive, exclusive, crowded, not as many comics as one would like and far away.

So Fingh will be there.

....I would like you to go to Baltimore....so I can meet you, you cool old fart. :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I haven't been to Baltimore yet, which I hear is great, but my two favorite shows for the things I like are Heroes Con in Charlotte and Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle.

Both have a ton of creators, are easy to get around, and have plenty of great merchandise. They both seem to be very creator friendly and Charlotte in particular is a smaller, easy city to navigate.

Of course I love both shows in Chicago as well, since they're close, but C2E2 really needs to step up with creators like they did the first year, and even though Wizard World is a mess (the celebs in the middle of the show? Really?), the amount of comic vendors, especially from this forum, makes it a buyers delight.

So Fingh will be there.

Can you post a pic so i'll know who to avoid? :baiting:

So Fingh will be there.

Can you post a pic so i'll know who to avoid? :baiting:

You'll be humping my leg like a sex starved pug.

Just pray I'm not wearing socks so you get "real feel action."

C2E2 is in the city, which make it appealing but boardies are more spread out (all over downtown) so you don't get to see as many of them and WW Chicago arguably has more comics over all.

For all around fun circling around comics and boardies I'd hit WW Chicago before C2E2.

If you want to see the city of Chicago then go to C2E2.

New York is expensive as heck but a heck of a show.

Baltimore and Charlotte are fantastic pure comic shows with great set ups and promoters- more of a mid size show each of them is, but still lots of fun. Baltimore and Charlotte are also great cities to visit.

San Diego is the one to beat but it's expensive, exclusive, crowded, not as many comics as one would like and far away.

Good info. Thanks, Roy.

So Fingh will be there.

....I would like you to go to Baltimore....so I can meet you, you cool old fart. :baiting: GOD BLESS....

Dunno about Baltimore yet. That is still in the realm of possibilities.

I haven't been to Baltimore yet, which I hear is great, but my two favorite shows for the things I like are Heroes Con in Charlotte and Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle.

Both have a ton of creators, are easy to get around, and have plenty of great merchandise. They both seem to be very creator friendly and Charlotte in particular is a smaller, easy city to navigate.

Of course I love both shows in Chicago as well, since they're close, but C2E2 really needs to step up with creators like they did the first year, and even though Wizard World is a mess (the celebs in the middle of the show? Really?), the amount of comic vendors, especially from this forum, makes it a buyers delight.

I'll likely do both Chicago shows, just because they're only a few hours away to drive.

I have been to 2 out of of the C2E2's and this years I thought was pretty nice. I got a sketch from George Perez of Captain America, I got to me and talk to Shia Labeouf I bought his book from him. I also got to meet Val Kilmer. Plus I got a few excellent comics. I have been to WW Chicago and I thought them not having Marvel, DC, Image etc IMO really hurt the show. I do like how many comic dealers they have though. Artist Alley is always nice at WW Chicago.

I much prefer C2E2 to WW. It seems to be much more organized, you can find the guests you're looking for, food lines don't seem to be as long with there being more vendors and even if there's fewer of them the dealers that attend have a nice selection. I thought this years guests list was the best so far but my opinion on that is biased being that I got to meet Neal Adams for the first time.

I much prefer C2E2 to WW. It seems to be much more organized, you can find the guests you're looking for, food lines don't seem to be as long with there being more vendors and even if there's fewer of them the dealers that attend have a nice selection. I thought this years guests list was the best so far but my opinion on that is biased being that I got to meet Neal Adams for the first time.

I go to both C2E2 and WW Chicago. C2 is MUCH more organized, the venue is nicer and the guests are much better than WW. They also have exclusive books which WW doesn't as Marvel, D/c, Dark Horse and Image no longer attend WW Chicago. But, WW Chicago did expand its floor space in 2012, there were more dealers there than I've ever seen at that Con since I first started attending. Just my 2c but I don't think you will be disappointed with C2E2.

To me, Heroes and B'more are both very similar in scope....both as large a show as I care to attend in Cities about as large as I care to go to. I don't want to spend half a weekend getting lost. GOD BLESS...