• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2012

204 posts in this topic

The ONLY colored Robert Atkins sketch..he did it himself:

20121014_173958_zps2bb9147f.jpg

Nice - he's working on a colored cover recreation for me. We chose to hold off as I wasn't going to be there and he had his hands full already for NYCC.

He knocked the colors out of the park - congrats!

lol I'm about to fall asleep at the airport!

Yea man I never saw someone work so hard they made themselves sick. I know the cab ride pushed you over the edge :sick:

Hope you don't hit turbulance on the way home then! :wishluck::sick:

I second mad props for Mr Mylar Mike Jeter!

That man is clutch! (worship)

Thanks for everything! (thumbs u

Show off your JSC Neil! :golfclap: Great running around with you and everyone at the show

And great working with Chris, Adonis, Dan, Tori, Mschmidt(thanks for everything Mike) and of course Team CGC :)

And super kudos to HotFlips (worship)(worship)(worship)

No problem guys. Anytime!!

Adonis, It was great seeing you at the show, I'm glad you took a photo of the colored Iron Man, I had forgotten to get a scan of it. Here's the black and white along with the photo you took.

DS_429_IronManbust-1.jpg

Also, I got to do a Venom on the blank hard cover jacket for the first Venom trade. Great idea, I drew issue #20 of the series and really dig this character design.

DS_431_Venomsm.jpg

I was also finally able to hand over the Wolverine double spread for Dan.

DS_374_Wolverinesm.jpg

Also thought I'd share, when I was posting my Work in Progress on this, someone took it and colored up the Wolverine.

ratkins_wolverine_by_ravencolors-d5g8hi8sm.jpg

Pretty cool to see it look so finished.

I felt like I worked on blank covers all weekend, but most were complex pieces, and I was only able to complete a few. I'll be posting progress shots on my opp thread and blog as I get them done. Thanks for all the support guys, I love checking out the great sketches you all work so hard to get at the shows! :golfclap:

Adonis, It was great seeing you at the show, I'm glad you took a photo of the colored Iron Man, I had forgotten to get a scan of it. Here's the black and white along with the photo you took.

DS_429_IronManbust-1.jpg

Also, I got to do a Venom on the blank hard cover jacket for the first Venom trade. Great idea, I drew issue #20 of the series and really dig this character design.

DS_431_Venomsm.jpg

I was also finally able to hand over the Wolverine double spread for Dan.

DS_374_Wolverinesm.jpg

Also thought I'd share, when I was posting my Work in Progress on this, someone took it and colored up the Wolverine.

ratkins_wolverine_by_ravencolors-d5g8hi8sm.jpg

Pretty cool to see it look so finished.

I felt like I worked on blank covers all weekend, but most were complex pieces, and I was only able to complete a few. I'll be posting progress shots on my opp thread and blog as I get them done. Thanks for all the support guys, I love checking out the great sketches you all work so hard to get at the shows! :golfclap:

All I can say is wow. Nice work.