• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2012

204 posts in this topic

This show was both a good and bad experience for me. It made me realize that the SS market has truly grown over the past year.

It also made me realize that I am pretty much done collecting sketches at conventions. It's a headache and a huge disappointed when artist of great caliber cannot deliver.

BUT I did enjoy spending time with boardies and friends. And I also enjoyed making new ones.

That being said, I will post my sketches later on tonight.

Major kudos to the CGC staff, and CAWs that were able to make this weekend possible.

OH MAN...lol

This show was both a good and bad experience for me. It made me realize that the SS market has truly grown over the past year.

It also made me realize that I am pretty much done collecting sketches at conventions. It's a headache and a huge disappointed when artist of great caliber cannot deliver.

BUT I did enjoy spending time with boardies and friends. And I also enjoyed making new ones.

That being said, I will post my sketches later on tonight.

Major kudos to the CGC staff, and CAWs that were able to make this weekend possible.

This is pretty much the conclusion I have come to as well except I would change it to say " I am pretty much done collecting sketches PERSONALLY at conventions". As long as someone else wants to do the dirty work I'll let them. I only plan on doing it at smaller shows myself.

Holy :censored: - what an exhausting show. Great to see so many boardies getting killer books done over the weekend, though!

:hi: hi Mike! I actually met you at the end of the show today when I was asking you about matting of original art. Someone mentioned you had come from Chicago to help and never made connection.

Neil

I second mad props for Mr Mylar Mike Jeter!

That man is clutch! (worship)

Thanks for everything! (thumbs u

Show off your JSC Neil! :golfclap: Great running around with you and everyone at the show

And great working with Chris, Adonis, Dan, Tori, Mschmidt(thanks for everything Mike) and of course Team CGC :)

And super kudos to HotFlips (worship)(worship)(worship)

What a show. So much walking. Brian, how many miles did we walk today?? Anyways, it was a fun show, but very frustrating. Sorry if I yelled at anyone at the show. Running between people stopping in middle of everything really pissed me off, and you would think after all these years, people would understand to move to the side and take the stupid picture. UGH... Anyways I went wayyy over my budget. Here are a few other things I purchased at the con.

Pickup for my buddy

20121014_213953.jpg

My Jam piece that I just started

IMG_1046.jpg

And I bought this page at the spur of the moment went I saw it. I loved it in the comic, and for the price I bit the bullet.

IMG_1047.jpg