• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Declining Metal Market= not yet

14 posts in this topic

Where does it go from here?

So the years go and have gone. In this paper world time travel media, we have the Platinum age, the Golden age, the Silver age, the Bronze age, then the Copper age, and now we're in the "Modern age". What happens after that? I guess it's up to Metallurgy. We're in the Iron age. Or the Steel age. How about the Stainless Steel Age? Just want to ask what you all think? What's our next Metal Age?

See more journals by Shivabali

Interesting topic that you bring up... I am actually in the process of writing a journal piece for my facebook page about this very subject. I believe that we already have exited out of an age and the current "modern age" began in 2000 with Ultimate Spider-Man #1. That means there is a period of time between the Copper Age and the current modern age, about 1990 through most of 2000, that has yet to be titled. I call this age the "Chromium or Chrome Age" because of the common trends that occured about this time. It was common place for comics to have platinum or chrome variant editions, or gimmick covers with holograms or foil printings. Thus the name attached to the age. If we were to pick a book that began the age, I would be inclined to say that either Superman #75 or Spider-Man #1 are your likely candidates because of significance, platinum variant covers, and large demand at the time.

Lpersky, I think you nailed it...good thoughts and logic. USM being the herald of the new age is spot on. We've been in the "modern age" far too long. Since 1980? 32 years? Bronze only lasted ten, silver less than that.

I really like Heavy Metal tnerb. lol. And the rust-age does have a nice ring to it in regards to the variant craze! All those Walking Dead 100's...what the?

I like to think of the modern age as the "renaissance" where the stigma from the 80's and 90's is gone and a new era emerged with lower print runs and comics with validity. Granted variants are becoming an issue (pun intended) in this age again. We may need to visit geological terms such as 'diamond age' or 'coal age' depending on the gems or duds that define this new era...

The modern age has run almost 30 years now, i think you guys are correct and its time to break it up. I guess they could go alumnium age :) i think the Variant age is the best name, anyone seen the new "Uncanny Avengers" run? there must be about 20 different covers. ruins it, and the whole rebooting again from marvel is stupid. All they are doing is re-titling at #1, yet again, then they will probably pick back up with the old numbers again in a year like they have already done with ASM and others. i think this will make the avengers 4th or 5th run.

Silicon Age

justification seems needed

- digital comics

- rise of comic sales online

- chat boards related to comics online

- comics being drawn digitally

its the Silicon age no matter what you think.