• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

23 posts in this topic

Thanks for the input and boners! :grin: Yes this is a UK print, likely a one of kind one too.

Most of the UK stuff is locked away in a few major collections. They rarely come to market, and are genuinely few in number - in many cases only a handful of copies still exist because they werent typically collected. They are often so rare that there is actually a market for facsimiles.

Thanks for the input and boners! :grin: Yes this is a UK print, likely a one of kind one too.

Most of the UK stuff is locked away in a few major collections. They rarely come to market, and are genuinely few in number - in many cases only a handful of copies still exist because they werent typically collected. They are often so rare that there is actually a market for facsimiles.

Interesting stuff. Facsimiles, really? hm How much were they going for, I can make copies. :grin:

I'm throwing this book up here but if it doesn't sell I'm sending it off to CGC for grading and then auction. There is rare and then there is unheard of rare. This is the only copy I have ever seen and I don't believe there are any in the CGC registry? I believe this is only 1 of 2 issues that they printed in 1954 and I have only seen one copy of issue #1 for sale and it was in poor condition. Asking $1,500 + shipping and will only keep this active for a few days before I shut the thread down so PM me if you have any questions. I'd say the book has a very good chance at grading in as a 9.0-9.4 but its tough to say with the white cover because it magnifies every little defect.

T95suscha.jpg

HumanTorch2rear.jpg

Gorgeous book (worship)

I can't even find this book in GPA or anywhere online... is it really that rare?

GLWTS (thumbs u

Random facsimiles produced in the 1980's still occasionally turn up on Ebay. There is no consistency. They seem to sell for about $15 a pop. I've never seen one of a Human Torch issue though.

Dynapubs did at least one. I have a Human Torch #5 B&W reprint. It was part of their "Flashback" series. It's nowhere near as interesting as this book though. Nice find Peter!

Random facsimiles produced in the 1980's still occasionally turn up on Ebay. There is no consistency. They seem to sell for about $15 a pop. I've never seen one of a Human Torch issue though.

How can you tell the difference between the facsimile and the real thing.

I think I may have a facsimile somewhere but I cant remember what title it is.

How can you tell the difference between the facsimile and the real thing.

I think I may have a facsimile somewhere but I cant remember what title it is.

The facsimile will likely be pure white and razor sharp - it may also feel stiff in the hand.