• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Value of the Buy-It-Now

23 posts in this topic

While not a BIN story, here's an interesting one taken from an eBay auction;

"I purchased a box of CGC items at a garage sale of all places! There was about 20-30 Amazing Spider-man comics in total! A lot of the cases are damaged, which is why I think the mother of the kid was selling them. From what I can see, the damage consists of scratches and some have cracks, but they are still sealed. One or two of them look like someone tried to repair the cracks? Its difficult to tell since I am not an expert on CGC cases.This case has a crack on two of the corners but they are only about 3/4" on either of them. The rest of the case has a few scratches on the front and back but nothing that obstructs the view of the comic."

Bet the kid is pissed.

Brian

I bet there is a good chance that there is no "kid" at all, and that these cases have books that were possibly switched. See how cynical I am? Of course I could be wrong...but there just seem to be a bunch of things all wrong with these. Any link to the auction?