• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OKLAHOMA CITY COMIC BOOK SHOW Nov 10-11th

21 posts in this topic

JUST A REMINDER:

The OKLAHOMA ALLIANCE of FANS (OAFcon) are having their annual Comic and Nostalgia convention NOVEMBER 10-11th, Biltmore Hotel, I-40 at Meridian Ave in Oklahoma City.

ALWAYS lots of GOLDEN AGE for sale!~ Most of our dealers sell raw ungraded books.

Great deals are always to be had Dealers will be buying at this show if you have comics to sell.

THE OAFCON has one of the largest gatherings of long time fans. Bud Plant, Michelle Nolan, Bill Schelly, Bob Beerbohm, Cat Conrad, Buddy Saunders, etc attend regularly!

Attendance is usually around 400; We offer no other activities except the Dealers room and one Auction, Saturday night.

See our webpage for guests and other info. http://www.oafcon2012.blogspot.com/

I'll be there. Always look forward to it. Picked up a couple of nice golden age books last year.

Bart - If you check back into this thread, I reacquainted myself to you last year and mentioned one the books I had bought from you in the 80s. If I'm mistaken, Bart had the entire Mile High run of Cat-Mans. Below is the one I bought, I wished I had bought more but on a college kid's funds, I was happy to have this one - I have since had it slabbed.

catman13_zpsa6035867.jpg

I'll be there. Always look forward to it. Picked up a couple of nice golden age books last year.

Bart - If you check back into this thread, I reacquainted myself to you last year and mentioned one the books I had bought from you in the 80s. If I'm mistaken, Bart had the entire Mile High run of Cat-Mans. Below is the one I bought, I wished I had bought more but on a college kid's funds, I was happy to have this one - I have since had it slabbed.

catman13_zpsa6035867.jpg

That was a sweet pickup, Jeff. Pretty tight on the grade, too. I've seen higher graded Church copies with more defects.

That was a sweet pickup, Jeff. Pretty tight on the grade, too. I've seen higher graded Church copies with more defects.

Thanks Jeff. I think I paid $60 for the book back in the 80s. I may be wrong but it wasn't over $100. I think also it was the third golden age book I had ever bought. Marvel Mystery #66 was for sure the first and All-Select #10 was the second. Still have all three. I do remember the Cat-Man and the All-Select were the first books I had slabbed some years ago.

The OP (Bart) is a fun guy and I used to frequent his shop back in the 80s. He always had some great books including this MH run of Cat-Man.

For those who don't know, this show is an old-style con (not big at all) but some good material. Last year, I remember Weird Paper (aka Roger) and David Merryweather (aka Cat) were set up with some incredible books.

And I very much enjoyed meeting and visiting with Michelle Nolan. I had been a fan of her column for years. Exceptionally nice person.

Got a reservation at the Biltmore Hotel. It's $72.00 for a king or double room with 2 buffet tickets (ask for the convention rate).

Peewee22 and Hawkman23 will be there Nov 10th. Bat-books beware ! :acclaim:

I definitely plan on attending. There are always lots of nice people, some great finds at the dealer's tables, amazing buys at the auction, and a wonderful Italian restaurant only a block or two away from the hotel. I plan to have a table this year and hope that any boardies will stop by and say hello.

I definitely plan on attending. There are always lots of nice people, some great finds at the dealer's tables, amazing buys at the auction, and a wonderful Italian restaurant only a block or two away from the hotel. I plan to have a table this year and hope that any boardies will stop by and say hello.

Have fun Rich :)

Jeff... Glad you still have the CATMAN .. I had a long run of the Mile High issues but they are all gone now! Sure is a sweet looking copy. I also remember getting Larson copies from Joe Triarchi (sp) about the same time.. Man those were the days!

See you in a few weeks !

[font:Times New Roman]Sadly, I probably won't be attending this year. If things change, I'll pass it along here.

I realize that attending an OAF event at the favela Biltmore is a dice roll for out of towners, but maybe next year Bart will advance beyond Mediterranean Ave. on the Monopoly board. That said, you can always be assured of a splendid show from these folks with lots of great books and nostalgic memories. I'm sure that everyone will have a wonderful time.

A side note in regard to the auction. Be kind to whoever fills in for me and please, bid aggressively... :insane:

B009F94D-EDDD-4599-A212-C22E38D2828F-3943-0000058AB76DD358_zps1be3daec.jpg

Above photo taken by Rachel Caine at the Dallas FenCon auction last month[/font].

Have a great time, Rich - make sure to send my best regards to our mutual pal (if he shows up).

Thanks guys, just wish you were going to be there as well. It is a great small show with a little of everything. I am taking sci-fi books, comics, premiums, and a few surprises. It's time to start unloading things.

Thanks guys, just wish you were going to be there as well. It is a great small show with a little of everything. I am taking sci-fi books, comics, premiums, and a few surprises. It's time to start unloading things.

I would really love to go, but it falls on a tough weekend. I get home from The Netherlans on the 9th and leave for Spain on the 12th. So leaving home to go to OKC would be an impossibility

I would really love to go, but it falls on a tough weekend. I get home from The Netherlans on the 9th and leave for Spain on the 12th. So leaving home to go to OKC would be an impossibility

[font:Times New Roman]Bill, your startin' to sound like an old Three Dog Night song. If you squeeze in the OAF thingy then you could say that you've been to Spain AND Oklahoma![/font] :baiting:

[font:Times New Roman]Bill, your startin' to sound like an old Three Dog Night song. If you squeeze in the OAF thingy then you could say that you've been to Spain AND Oklahoma![/font] :baiting:

Divorce court might follow though......

[font:Times New Roman]Bill, you're startin' to sound like an old Three Dog Night song. If you squeeze in the OAF thingy then you could say that you've been to Spain AND Oklahoma![/font] :baiting:

Divorce court might follow though......

[font:Times New Roman]I can't think of any talking points to address the spousal unit argument! [/font] (worship)