• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OKLAHOMA CITY COMIC BOOK SHOW Nov 10-11th

21 posts in this topic

:bump::headbang::bump::headbang::bump::headbang::bump:

[font:Times New Roman]Seems about the right time for one last bumperooski for this thread. I'm sure Bart has a lot on his mind right now getting this event finalized. This bump was unsolicited. I'm solely responsible for the content of this message. (Wow, waaay too much exposure to campaign ads this past week) :facepalm:

OK, the first bit of news: It doesn't look like I'll be attending this weekend's awesome Oklahoma Alliance of Fans event, but I'll be there in spirit, or at least the spirits will be there and someone else will be imbibing them. Even though I won't be on hand as auctioneer, don't be surprised if Eric Groves or some other luminary with a gift for gab and prying bucks from the clutches of anxious bidders turns up to fill the bill.

Still haven't closed the deal? OK, how about this:

Yes, siree. It's here, folks. Unless their travel plans have changed, Bedrock City and Lone Star Comics should be represented this weekend along with many other prestigious dealers from far and wide. That means lots of purdy books for geeks to drool over!

Need even more reasons to show up? All righty...

Scholar and artist Kenneth Smith is scheduled to return with more of his fabulous work. Author and genre film geek John Wooley whose love of pulps, horror and biker flicks is reflected in his homespun fiction should be on hand as well. Also, many other local and regional comic book creators/publishers should be making an appearance at this year's festivities.

To top it off, here's a link to the OAFcon site with more details...

http://oafcon2012.blogspot.com/

If you don't have other plans, a trip to OKC to geek out with fellow GA collectors should be on your to do list. And what the heck, if you do have other plans, the OAFcon might just be an excuse worthy of changing 'em! (thumbs u [/font]