• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yay! Effin got canned today! No more comic stuff for a while...

42 posts in this topic

Hopefully you will be getting unemployment. Most reason employers give for termination(depending on state), you are still eligible for benefits. A guy at my last job had been written up 6 times in 3 months for being late and he still got UI :eyeroll:

I know a thing or two about employment law, especially in Illinois, so if this becomes an issue for you, shoot me a PM with any questions.

Good luck on the search!

Jason

I don't really believe in fate, but sometimes change leads to better opportunities and an improved quality of life.

Here's to hoping you will quickly find more satisfying employment.

Your fellow boardies are pulling for you.

I'll agree with this, although I do personally believe in fate.

Every time something "negative" has happened to me, something much better has come out of it. To me life is about contrast and sometimes we need to go through a valley to see and appreciate the next mountain top.

Knowing you personally, I can only believe that there's something better waiting out there for you. I'm sure of it.

(thumbs u

Hopefully you don't have a family and kids to worry about. If it s just you use it to explore different venues. I have been canned twice since I was 37. Each new job took me to a better place.

I'm sorry to hear that; never a good feeling to be unemployed.

I will say that the longer you are unemployed, the more it sucks, even with assistance from the government.

Best advice is to network with the people you know in the field in which you would like to work and if possible, consider trying temp work. It's not glamorous, but you will get the chance to see if you are a good fit at a company prior to going in full time.

I also echo the statements of those who have found something better after being terminated. Hi, Chrisco! (thumbs u Especially if you were in a job you didn't like, working for someone you didn't like.

Hell, maybe you'll get to work from home. I have to say, it totally rules

Thank you everyone. It was just a shock, as I didn't have any warnings prior. It just boiled down to personalities not meshing.

Something else will come of it. I really liked the industry of 3D printing. At least I have my 3D printed Thor hammer!

Thank you everyone. It was just a shock, as I didn't have any warnings prior. It just boiled down to personalities not meshing.

Something else will come of it. I really liked the industry of 3D printing. At least I have my 3D printed Thor hammer!

You'd be shocked how often that really is the reason for firings/reassignments regarding work stuff. Personalities can sometimes even override good actual performance at a job. And yes, i've had it happen to me a few times.

Any chance you can become a competetor and open your own shop or does the technology cost too much?

Well, the machines cost about 10-80k depending. All I would need is about 100 of those machines and figure out how to send a CAD file to print on a machine in China. They can't figure that out yet. So who is in with me!

Oh and I found out through some coworkers that basically my manager wasn't meeting her milestones and needed a way to expand the budget. Hence, letting go of me.

I'm predicting great things for her future! With that sort of business acumen, she's just bound to be wildly successful

I'm predicting great things for her future! With that sort of business acumen, she's just bound to be wildly successful

Wait a minute, it sounds like you're being sarcastic....

I just assume everything Sal says as such...he's our new OldGuy. :cloud9: