• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herbie #1... it's an upgrade for me - what do you think?

28 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif A fellow Herbie Fan! 893applaud-thumb.gif

VF- 7.5 (due to the tiny chip URBC, the light spine wear, scuffing at staples, and crescent creases along the right edge.) But great eye appeal - look at that RED! thumbsup2.gif

OK, give it an 8.0 nonetheless!

I'll be honest with you guys. I hate Herbie. Not knocking that book, which is in great shape. But I hate Herbie. Drives me crazy.

Maybe I should have just taken my own advice and skipped this thread, but I thought you meant Herbie the Robot from the late 70s Fantastic Four. 27_laughing.gif

I bought it as a Fine book. The lower-right hand corner has some folding/color breaks that I am not happy about. Sorry you hate Herbie FFB. Maybe he stole a chick from you somewhere in your past and you resent him for it? Herbie has a way with the ladies, that's for sure! devil.gif

Who is Herby???

893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Is it a comedy book?

Is it worth reading?

I like the cover of this comic.

What year is this comic?

How long did the series last? flowerred.gif

Herbie is a satirical comedy filled with dry humor from the early sixties drawn by Ogden Whiitney and featuring the adventures of one Herbie Popnecker - perhaps the original nerd. "You want me to bop you with this here Lollipop!?" Many of the books in the series (about 30) address the socio-political issues of the time and feature cameos by such iluminaries as JFK, Jackie and Kruschev. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Absolutely worth reading. sumo.gif You'll love it - although many of the historical references may be lost on the quarter-century man! 27_laughing.gif

Who is Herby???

893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Is it a comedy book?

Is it worth reading?

I like the cover of this comic.

What year is this comic?

How long did the series last? flowerred.gif

Herbie is a satirical comedy filled with dry humor from the early sixties drawn by Ogden Whiitney and featuring the adventures of one Herbie Popnecker - perhaps the original nerd. "You want me to bop you with this here Lollipop!?" Many of the books in the series (about 30) address the socio-political issues of the time and feature cameos by such iluminaries as JFK, Jackie and Kruschev. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Absolutely worth reading. sumo.gif You'll love it - although many of the historical references may be lost on the quarter-century man! 27_laughing.gif

lets we forget the beatles and elizabeth taylor! liz loves herbie.

Um, I was busy finding something to eat. But yes, Herbie is one of the Crown Kings of Comics. He was an antihero long before his time. The humor is quite sophisticated, although, obviously not to everyone's taste.

Long Live Herbie! Great upgrade Susanville! Enjoy!

And yes, as the cover proclaims, Herbie was indeed one of the Founding Fathers. acclaim.gif

Hello back to you Mr. Lok. hi.gif

You do realize I am simply an amanuensis, a factotum, you might say for another board member who wishes me to carry out his assignments. Some of you may know the definition as also meaning "shill", but I am a gentle soul. My purpose is not to cause havok, but to welcome others and inject a certain amount of civility.

Of course that's when I'm not camming with ThunderKitten.