• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It never ends

36 posts in this topic

:facepalm:

I have a Mcfarlane signed book right next to me and even without looking I can tell those signatures are way off... And that's one hell of an ugly Powergirl...

I'm surprised the art dealer didn't catch on that!

Wow those are obviously horrible fakes...worst art dealer ever?

Either that or boardie with the least possible knowledge of a situation making the most blatant Monday Morning QB call ever about someone he doesn't know regarding events he has no first hand knowledge of. (shrug)

Either that or boardie with the least possible knowledge of a situation making the most blatant Monday Morning QB call ever about someone he doesn't know regarding events he has no first hand knowledge of. (shrug)

lol

I may not know any more than what was posted in the article but I know I wouldn't buy any of that artwork because its all obviously fake.

Sorry if the dealer is your friend or something, I was just commenting on the story as it was presented.

If you have more information please share.

I may not know any more than what was posted in the article but I know I wouldn't buy any of that artwork because its all obviously fake.

Sorry if the dealer is your friend or something, I was just commenting on the story as it was presented.

If you have more information please share.

More information?

He's one of the top dealers in Comic OA today.

He buys more, sells more, and trades more, than any 5 art dealers you can name combined.

He's built a business from being a collector with a couple hundred bucks in the late 80's into a business with several million dollars in inventory, clients all over the globe, and annual sales most bricks and mortar art galleries would kill for.

So you might get a little push back calling someone "worst art dealer ever" based on a single transaction amongst thousands.

It's extremely easy to say "that's a fake" when you are reading an article that says "Look at these fakes". The sound of the masurbatory back patting is utterly deafening.

Put those pieces into a stack of other artwork, or in the middle of a dozen other art deals that day, and see if you immediately pick out, from a scan, which unpublished sketch is 100% real and which is 100% fake. Then imagine someone you know that collects that artist's work tells you that one or more of the sketches looks right to them. It gets a little murkier.

If you only bought a single piece of artwork and stood and stared at it then you'd probably think something was off with it. Whether you do or you don't doesn't make you the "worst" anything however.

Oh snap, son.

Note to self: say nothing about OA when Chris is around.

Oh snap, son.

He will push you down, eat your lunch, bang your Russian girlfriend and insult your feng shui

Oh snap, son.

He will push you down, eat your lunch, bang your Russian girlfriend and insult your feng shui

He can eat my girlfriend and bang my lunch all he wants, but I draw the line at my feng shui.

Oh snap, son.

Note to self. Avoid saying anything negative about WD threads around Jim, and about OA when Chris is around. (:

Oh snap, son.

Note to self. Avoid saying anything negative about WD threads around Jim, and about OA when Chris is around. (:

You can speak negatively on OA matters as long as you know what's what about who's who. :foryou:

It is just amazing how full this hobby is of scumbags and azzholes. :facepalm:

I deal with thieves on a regular basis and it never ceases to astonish me the lengths they will go to rip someone off and not give a shaaat about the negative impact it has on other people.

Thanks for sharing that information.

Obviously you know much more about the art dealer in question and he must not be the worst ever.

If you notice I put a question mark meaning I was asking the question not making a statement of fact. Just as several other board members and comments on the original article point out, they don't look legit, how could he get taken like this?

Yes you can say its easier for us to say that now, but seriously, the sketches are not even close to looking legit. The signatures are horrible on top of the sketches not looking the least bit authentic. Todd has drawn Spawn and Spidey thousands of times. There would be no hesitation in the line work and it certainly would not look so uneven even in the most thrown off quick sketch let alone one that had been penciled first.

Thanks for helping me understand how it could happen though and now I know he is a big deal in the OA world. A world I admit I am not a part of.

Who knows maybe it will come out that he purchased it to get it off the market and expose the fraud once he could prove it was faked. If that's the case kudos to him.

Oh snap, son.

You can speak negatively on OA matters as long as you know what's what about who's who. :foryou:

I've learned that rubbing paint on ones forehead and clothes does not mean they possess crazy art skillz :insane: