• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats this worth? Hulk 181 3.0, no MVS

24 posts in this topic

Try this: a book missing a cutout part is an incomplete book, and thus a PR/FR in grade at best. Pick up the average selling price of a, say, 6.0 book and make the proportion according to the guide.

On comicspriceguide.com a F is around 320 USD and a FR/PR about 12 USD, considered now a F sells for about 550/600 USD I’d say no more than 30 USD (and it’s already a lot, to me, since you won’t be finding a loose page with the stamp by chance: it’s not like a coverless book, it’s somewhat worse).

One more opinion... I think the seller is reasonable to want $100. If I were the seller I wouldn't take $30 to $50 for this book; indeed, I'd buy stacks of copies as described at those prices. There are always collectors looking for low-grade copies of this book, since even mid-grades have moved out of their range. So sure, offer $50 since you are looking for a flip, but the idea that the book is basically worthless is a bit over the top.

I did not mean to imply it‘s worthless, I am saying it’s incomplete.

Going strictly by artistic value, there are better Hulk stories from that period, although it is a nice story indeed. But for being Wolverine’s first appearance is not such remarkable, as related to the character. Early new X-Men are better.

Of course, market value is dictated by the fact the book is collected, and if there are people willing to spend 50 USD on such copies. I would not.

Try this: a book missing a cutout part is an incomplete book, and thus a PR/FR in grade at best. Pick up the average selling price of a, say, 6.0 book and make the proportion according to the guide.

On comicspriceguide.com a F is around 320 USD and a FR/PR about 12 USD, considered now a F sells for about 550/600 USD I’d say no more than 30 USD (and it’s already a lot, to me, since you won’t be finding a loose page with the stamp by chance: it’s not like a coverless book, it’s somewhat worse).

CGC disagrees. It would get a Green Label Qualified Grade.

BTW- the missing stamp appears in several other issues, so its not that difficult to " restore" it.

CGC disagrees. It would get a Green Label Qualified Grade.

BTW- the missing stamp appears in several other issues, so its not that difficult to " restore" it.

I understand, but CGC can disagree as much as it wants, the "Qualified Grade" looks just like a caveat not to state a book is incomplete or the like.

I skip the idea of "restoring" a cut out coupon, can’t see the point. If it is meant as a simple, reading, low grade copy, it’s fine.

I just won’t buy it even for 20 bucks. I have bought a super-cool Gerber 8 golden age superhero book for less than 50 USD. ;)

One more opinion... I think the seller is reasonable to want $100. If I were the seller I wouldn't take $30 to $50 for this book; indeed, I'd buy stacks of copies as described at those prices. There are always collectors looking for low-grade copies of this book, since even mid-grades have moved out of their range. So sure, offer $50 since you are looking for a flip, but the idea that the book is basically worthless is a bit over the top.

Agreed, this book sells all day long in low grade.

The market rate for this book in low grade and missing the value stamp appears to be at least $100. You may think people are foolish for spending that much, but it sells all day for above that on Ebay.

A seller would be foolish to take less for the book, given that they could easily sell it for more on Ebay.

50 is way too high. there is a big difference in price always between a 7.5 and a 3.0... yah noobs tend to inflate the market t thats why they tend to pay these outrageous prices on low grade copies..