• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #85 with 2 cover error. High Grade. Ebay Auction.

9 posts in this topic

Well the top bidder just cancelled his bid 4 days after he placed because he entered the wrong amount. I think i'm just going to end the auction and sell it out right to spiderfan. Ebay is really Piz sing me off.

Well the top bidder just cancelled his bid 4 days after he placed because he entered the wrong amount. I think i'm just going to end the auction and sell it out right to spiderfan. Ebay is really Piz sing me off.

End the auction? You nuts? Just because 1 person cancels his bid? BTW, how is that eBay's fault?

Anyway, there will be last minute SNIPERS on this! Guaranteed.

At the time of my post now, you have 14 watchers.

ASM85WatchCount.jpg

Congrats on the successful auction.

DON'T END IT PREMATURELY! You'll be losing out on additional money.

This comic book could easily hit between $500 to $550 by the time the gavel hits IMO!

I'm just tired of ebay doing nothing to these people. I pay them 10% of all my sales and they do nothing to the buyers except send them a stupid don't do it again e-mail. This latest episode takes the cake. The guy retracted multiple bids because he supposedly entered the wrong amount twice but he didn't realize it till 4 days later. Its all that and a bunch of non paying bidders that have left a taste in my mouth that cannot be removed. I called ebay on the phone tonight to tell them what happened and they will do nothing to this guy. Well i'm going to do something right now. Here is that scumbags profile. Read thru his sellers feedback.

http://myworld.ebay.com/littlebobcat2009/

I'm just tired of ebay doing nothing to these people. I pay them 10% of all my sales and they do nothing to the buyers except send them a stupid don't do it again e-mail. This latest episode takes the cake. The guy retracted multiple bids because he supposedly entered the wrong amount twice but he didn't realize it till 4 days later. Its all that and a bunch of non paying bidders that have left a taste in my mouth that cannot be removed. I called ebay on the phone tonight to tell them what happened and they will do nothing to this guy. Well i'm going to do something right now. Here is that scumbags profile. Read thru his sellers feedback.

http://myworld.ebay.com/littlebobcat2009/

I empathize completely with what you're saying. As eBay Sellers, we pay eBay/PayPal a combined 10% on our final sale price.

We expect something in return with regards to policing those select few ne'er-do-wells who habitually retract their bids.

I'm sure you've been to Sellers Central at eBay. Many similar stories and much much worse. I'm there all the time contributting as well as shaking my head at what I read.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum/Seller-Central/143

Sad truth is that right now, there isn't a viable alternative regarding on-line auction sites. eBay, like CGC, is a de facto monopoly. Traffic = sales, and eBay has it in our hobby. You know that.

I've blocked littlebobcat2009, and I presume you have also. Any other eBay Seller reading this thread should do likewise.

There are plenty of decent legit comic book buyers who travel to eBay to get their fix. Pay promptly and no monkey business. They just want their comic books.

I say wait it out and see what happens. I remember when you first put this rare double cover high grade ASM 85 up for discussion, and I thought it might fetch about $250 on eBay. I was way off. I really think you'll get between $500 and $550 for it.

It really is a beautiful book. (thumbs u