• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM The Face #2

12 posts in this topic

Now, this is very likely one of the nicest among the few golden age books I have.

I truly loved the cover, and the concept of The Face character, so I decided to buy it.

Main defect is that the book has a detached centerfold, but it seems to me it could be reattached with some skill. This is one of those "dreaded" one stapled books, due to war shortages. The small stains on back cover appear to have been due to the book placed for some time on some other book with rusted staples. Staples on mine are clean. Pages are about off-white.

TheFaceNo_02_f_1480px.jpg

TheFaceNo_02_r_1480px.jpg

Many thanks to everyone which will help with their expertise. (thumbs u

lol I missed the centerfold too.

That's a tough one then. Overstreet and CGC seem to grade differently. Overstreet doesn't "allow" a detached centerfold (1 of 2 staples) above 4.0

I have to pass on this :( Anything I say would be nothing more than a blind guess.

The stains aren’t really so standing out. What I forgot is that there is a slightly less than 1/2 inch spine split, see the closeup:

TheFaceNo_02_r_tear.jpg

which makes me think the seller’s grading was more or less spot-on, no more than a FN 6.0 for sure. I also took a picture of the inside pages, but I still have the photos on the digital camera.

I eagerly wait for other opinions. :)