• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is $35-$40 too much for a facilitator for 1 book?

109 posts in this topic

I think it's a little sad that a $20 fee for a book to be submitted under a person's own account pales next to the actual fee charged. I understand that DWC lose a little ($5-6) on an SS book going through someone else's account. But they want $20 to recover that amount. It also appears sometimes they want $40 to cover that amount.

First, yeah, the price was pretty outrageous. I'm guessing something was lost in translation at the show, but I since I wasn't there I don't know.

Second, DWC does not have a monopoly on Stan Lee. They do have one on shows that both he and they attend. If you want a Stan Lee CGC SS at a show they are attending, it has to go through them. I'm not seeing any Boston shows on their schedule, so I assume that they won't be attending that show. This means you don't have to go through them for a Stan Lee CGC SS at that show.

Are you talking about the Boston show in April? If Stan Lee has been announced for that, I'd say the only reason it isn't on DWC's calendar is because it's about 6 months out - I mean, they don't have C2E2 on their calendar either, but it's a pretty safe bet they'll be there ...

No, I'm talking about the one previously mentioned that's coming up next month.

hm Stan is set to sign at a show in Boston next month. I had fully intended to use a local facilitator to handle that. Still do intend, actually. If it turns out that I cannot use my preferred facilitator then I will not be subbing for Stan's sig because monopolies be wack.

First, yeah, the price was pretty outrageous. I'm guessing something was lost in translation at the show, but I since I wasn't there I don't know.

Second, DWC does not have a monopoly on Stan Lee. They do have one on shows that both he and they attend. If you want a Stan Lee CGC SS at a show they are attending, it has to go through them. I'm not seeing any Boston shows on their schedule, so I assume that they won't be attending that show. This means you don't have to go through them for a Stan Lee CGC SS at that show.

Are you talking about the Boston show in April? If Stan Lee has been announced for that, I'd say the only reason it isn't on DWC's calendar is because it's about 6 months out - I mean, they don't have C2E2 on their calendar either, but it's a pretty safe bet they'll be there ...

No, I'm talking about the one previously mentioned that's coming up next month.

hm Stan is set to sign at a show in Boston next month. I had fully intended to use a local facilitator to handle that. Still do intend, actually. If it turns out that I cannot use my preferred facilitator then I will not be subbing for Stan's sig because monopolies be wack.

This:

http://www.supermegafest.com/

Okay so it's in Framingham but I assumed most of you have no idea where Framingham is so I called it "Boston".

Will CGC be there or have a witness for Stan SS books?

I think those details are still being worked out.

I have covered this show in the past and plan on doing so this year.

Did you bring this matter to DWC's attention before you started this thread?
This is probably the most important question in this thread.

It is no secret about DWC practices/fees.

:facepalm:

We have all been victims with threads to prove.

Will CGC be there or have a witness for Stan SS books?

I think those details are still being worked out.

I have covered this show in the past and plan on doing so this year.

(thumbs u

It is no secret about DWC practices/fees.

We have all been victims with threads to prove.

:blahblah: Speak for yourself, I've never had a problem with them.

Why? Would it change the amount charged? I knew there would be a fee and I knew that I was paying for the privilege of putting the book on my account. But it was worth it to me since DWC has a habit of misplacing people's books for a long time.

I was just surprised by how much it was. The purpose of this thread was to let people know and to see if I was crazy for thinking it to be high. Why would I ask DWC about anything?

Why? Would it change the amount charged? I knew there would be a fee and I knew that I was paying for the privilege of putting the book on my account. But it was worth it to me since DWC has a habit of misplacing people's books for a long time.

I was just surprised by how much it was. The purpose of this thread was to let people know and to see if I was crazy for thinking it to be high. Why would I ask DWC about anything?

There are reasonable fees in this industry and then there are outrageous fees stacked on top of already high fees for a signature. Asking for an extra $40 on top of the sig fee is not reasonable but if the fee is given up front and you agree to do it that is on you.

I will never use DWC with them charging these types of assine fees.

Maybe to see whether your friend was charged the correct amount. If so, then feel free to get out the pitchforks and torches. Until then, there's no reason to pull everyone in.

Read the post!

It says he was charged a fee for placing it on his account. He is asking if this should be the allowed. Has nothing to do with asking DWC anything. Everyone knows they charge fees to do this along with sig color choice, cracking a SS slab fee? (which can only be done in front of a witness????? so they get you on any yellow label) etc. There is no secret here. He is asking if it should be allowed to charge these fees for using your own account. We all know that CGC is not going to get involved and their stance has always been to use another facilitator if you do not agree with DWC fees.

This fee to place books on your account has been brought up in the past and CGC chooses to side with DWC because the bring the money with the amount of submissions.

Again no secret!