• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is $35-$40 too much for a facilitator for 1 book?

109 posts in this topic

I just paid the $50 for the signature fee ......and subbed it in my own account. I'm paying for the grading fees myself...no added charges...AND was even first in line.

you were no.2 in line. I know because I was no.3 in line

okay okay...WE were the first in line to get comics signed for SS :)

I had a 2 books done Express at NYCC for Stan Lee.

Here's my invoice:

$236

$5 (invoice)

$110 (tickets w/credit card)

$40 (fee for getting them signed for me)

$20 shipping

$411 total

These books are valuable enough for me to spend $200 each, but I can't imagine spending $110 on a random modern.

Alittle off topic, but I just called CGC today to check on the status of my Express books from NYCC and they still haven't received them from DWC (no record of my invoice). I guess it will take 4-6 weeks for me to get them. Not worried, just confused why its taking them so long to get to CGC.

So instead of paying the normal cost of $95/book, you were charged $118/book? Seems they have a habit of overcharging for the grading fees. You paid $20/book separately for handling.

Finally, you raise a good question. I called to inquire about the status of my invoice for NYCC. The one that I paid extra to have on my own account. I was told it still wasn't entered into the system as DWC might not have gotten the books to CGC yet. ??? How is that possible when the witness, not the facilitator, is the person supposed to be handling the books after signing? How can they leave the sight of the witness? NYCC was over a week ago.

I just paid the $50 for the signature fee ......and subbed it in my own account. I'm paying for the grading fees myself...no added charges...AND was even first in line.
Have you in the past or did you at NYCC help DWC out? I've heard they will waive their extra fee in such a case.

I'm really curious then. How did you arrange the witness in advance? Was DWC aware you were in line with SS books? Or did you just buy a ticket and stand in line with a witness?

It went like this:

Me: "Hi, Sharon I would like to have two books signed, one for a client who is here with me, and one for my own account."

Sharon" (NOT HER EXACT WORDS) "Sure thing Adonis, not a problem. It's $50 each for the sig fee, AND you and your friend are first in line." "Not a problem either if it's SS on your friend's account, OR yours."

Me: " Okay Sharon, I have $50, and my friends has $50, so here's a $100."

Sharon: "Thanks Adonis, have a great day....oh, and you and your friend are first in line." Again...NOT her exact words.

I cannot tell you why this happened the way it happened, but I can tell you that both books were witnessed by DWC staff. And were NOT subbed under DWC's account.

Maybe I'm lucky, maybe good looking? Maybe.....charming?

Again, this may have been a RARE moment, but I understand this is NOT the norm, yet, it happened.

It was probably our looks & charm combined. Give me some credit

:headbang:

He looks like Vin Diesel's little brother. What did you add to the mix?

I offered sweet silence and agreeability

and cash

Silence, agreeability and cash is pretty charming. You are right.

It was probably our looks & charm combined. Give me some credit

He looks like Vin Diesel's little brother. What did you add to the mix?

I offered sweet silence and agreeability

and cash

Silence, agreeability and cash is pretty charming. You are right.

Alittle off topic, but I just called CGC today to check on the status of my Express books from NYCC and they still haven't received them from DWC (no record of my invoice). I guess it will take 4-6 weeks for me to get them. Not worried, just confused why its taking them so long to get to CGC.

Finally, you raise a good question. I called to inquire about the status of my invoice for NYCC. The one that I paid extra to have on my own account. I was told it still wasn't entered into the system as DWC might not have gotten the books to CGC yet. ??? How is that possible when the witness, not the facilitator, is the person supposed to be handling the books after signing? How can they leave the sight of the witness? NYCC was over a week ago.

:popcorn:

Hey Everyone, NYCC was a massive show and take home was tremendous, DWC had a lot of books as well, including the Legends tour the day after NYCC and they were also in Dallas this last weekend. We are still processing books and appreciate your patience, thanks.

-Michael

Your book might have taken a trip to Dallas:

Please note that many of the books submitted to DWC to be signed by Stan Lee from both the McFarlane signing as well as the NYCC needed to be shipped onto the Dallas Fan Days show due to Stan's schedule changing in NY. DWC was able to get a small portion signed in NY but the rest of the books needed to be shipped to and were successfully signed by Stan while in Dallas this past weekend. CGC has been processing books that we shipped into CGC at the conclusion of the NYCC and will continue to process books as the books arrive at CGC over the next week. DWC is working very hard to get caught up and to send out updates of orders from the NYCC. THank you for your patience.