• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hobby of the future

82 posts in this topic

Seems like a new record is being set for videogames every month.

Assuming this is real, it's a very impressive number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Legend-of-Zelda-NES-Nintendo-VGA-85-Zelda-II-Adventures-of-Link-VGA-90-/230826835745?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35be59ff21

Graded video games? Where will it end? :ohnoez:

Everyone knows that video comics about comics with relevant characters will crush those record prices. Until a Zelda movie breaks $1BIL.

Seems like a new record is being set for videogames every month.

Assuming this is real, it's a very impressive number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Legend-of-Zelda-NES-Nintendo-VGA-85-Zelda-II-Adventures-of-Link-VGA-90-/230826835745?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35be59ff21

Graded video games? Where will it end? :ohnoez:

I'll guess celebrity-worn clothing items graded by soil factor might be the eventual tipping point.

8113716214_4f08d1b59d_b.jpg

Putting aside these high end sales, the sheer volume of game collectors out there is staggering, and that's the real indicator that games will be the "hobby of the future". Just go type in "game collection" into youtube and see how many thousands of relevant videos pop up.

Everyone knows that video comics about comics with relevant characters will crush those record prices. Until a Zelda movie breaks $1BIL.

I'll quit collecting comics when they start grading chest hair :sumo:

Putting aside these high end sales, the sheer volume of game collectors out there is staggering, and that's the real indicator that games will be the "hobby of the future". Just go type in "game collection" into youtube and see how many thousands of relevant videos pop up.

I was never really into video games. Still am not. That's enough for me to avoid that hobby.

Wow. 1988. That's like two years after Batman: Dark Knight Returns came out. In comic-years about twenty minutes ago.

Nobody saved those? Or is it just the high-grade packaging that's rare?

The '80s are the "golden age" for video games.

It's the high grade packaging. The games are everywhere.

I was never really into video games. Still am not. That's enough for me to avoid that hobby.

You're missing out. Not on the collecting front, but on the game-playing front.

He should start with Silver Surfer for the NES.

Somehow I don't see Roy as the type of guy who would sit in front of a TV playing Call of Duty for 4 hours.

Definitely. Playing a game like Fallout 3 or Skyrim is such an immersive and interesting experience. At this point, it's basically like being able to control a movie.

lol Perfect. He has a lot of hair to pull out.

Last time I was really into video games was circa 1984 or so when I spent all my newspaper quarters at the local arcade in Agincourt Mall. Donkey Kong, Frogger, etc.

Since then I've been too busy trying to live the fantasy rather than play it. lol

Somehow I don't see Roy as the type of guy who would sit in front of a TV playing Call of Duty for 4 hours.

The right game will hook anyone.

lol Perfect. He has a lot of hair to pull out.

Are you implying it's all silver or that it's all going to fall out anyway. You're almost right on both accounts.

lol

He can relax afterwards with this boss fight.