• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey 2: Totally sucked!

92 posts in this topic

What is wrong with someone having an opinion??? confused-smiley-013.gif

Not really anything wrong at all with that.

I just personally would like to hear why a person feels the way they do about a toipic they blast so openly, and fervently..

Would prefer they give some insight as to why they are opposed to 90% of popular opinion.

Having an opinion is perectly fine.. but to blast a subject without saying anything other then.. " It Totally sucked"

Well that is a hollow , and an empty blast...at best.

But that is just my opinion.

devil.gif

Z

plus my beer is getting warm

The only way to drink beer is at cool room temperature. Anything colder and it is apparant the beer needs the cold to mask the defects.

Your "review" of S2 must have been at room temeprature as well.

But please do not bother to respond. It is fairly obvious you just want a knee-jerk from the folks here. sleeping.gif

LOTS is wrong with someone having an unsubstantiated opinion.

For example, in my opinion, names beginning with the letter "u" suck.

People who live in LA suck.

People who live in California suck.

People with names that have more than 3 syllables suck.

Get the idea? smile.gif

PS - the above opinions are not really valid - just point-makers.

Get the idea? smile.gif

That's true. However, I think even if he did substantiate his opinion, I still think a majority of the board would still roast him.

BTW You suck. stooges.gif

Get the idea? smile.gif

That's true. However, I think even if he did substantiate his opinion, I still think a majority of the board would still roast him.

BTW You suck. stooges.gif

While it may be true that at leats SOME may still roast him, if he (or is it a she? - not sure and one must be careful) expressed their REASONS for the sucketh opinion, then one would at least have to respect their opinion. But to just have a this sucks that sucks - well - it basically sucks, you know?

PS - you suck more! tongue.gifgrin.gif

However, I think even if he did substantiate his opinion, I still think a majority of the board would still roast him.

Of course they would, because his opinions are wrong. sumo.gif27_laughing.giftongue.gif

OK, here goes...

First of all, please re-read my original post, especially the second sentence. From an advertising/marketing point of view, I can think of no other movie that had more. So with that being the baseline for suckiness, this movie sucked the most. Then, I simply indicated that I needed to get something off my mind. I offered my opinion and even apologized in advance to all those that enjoyed the movie. So what does the first responder do? He openly criticizes my opinion. Go figure. Big shocking development from an online forum where opinions are given.

BassGman used the word "Best", which is a relative term and therefore means nothing. His second post rips a person and asks how it relates to the original post. I found this strange because his FIRST response was a reply to the second post and not the original. ???

Ze-man, if he was referring to me when he wrote "The thing you are forgetting is..", I didn't forget the movie was geared towards kids. It is rated PG-13 so obviously it is for kids.

Ok, now on to things that REALLY bothered me and these are in no particular order.

1) Aunt May hanging from a building by her cane? Come on, how bogus!

2) Parker running slow-mo and his face contorting. Derisory.

3) Very few obviously intended humor scenes were funny. Ludicrous.

4) Osbourn was all mad at Spider-Man for alledgedly killing his father the GG, but I thought he was impaled by his own Glider. So, how could he carry such h8red for Spider-Man AND such animosity towards Parker, his best friend?!? Risible.

5) Train scene bystanders may not have had cameras, but what about cell phones WITH cameras? Daffy.

6) No kids would make such adult statements at the end of the train scene. Very jerky.

7) Weren't there 3 mega falls for Parker in which he walked away scratch free? Huh? I think one involved him landing on his back from several stories. No injuries? Dropping a tarantula on his back from 6 feet can be fatal. Droll.

8) Why was DO making so much noise whenever he walked? He was wanted all over the city and he is crashing all over like Godzilla. Totally stupid and they would be able to find him in a second if he made such noise. Preposterous.

9) DO's new lab was waaaaay rediculous. Wasn't it out near the water in some abandoned boat house or wharehouse. ?? Yea, no one could find him there. Nonsensical.

10) What was with the landlord's daughter? She was skanky and had nothing to do with the movie. ??? Queer.

11) There is no way an usher would have acted that way to Parker about not getting into the play. Impossible.

12) The dinner scene with DO and his wife. Why the quick talking? Bizarre.

13) Unfinished tracks? Sappy.

14) How could DO obtain all new equipment w/o anyone knowing about it? His suppliers weren't aware of the current events? Laughable.

15) Spidey's web stops a vehicle on a dime in mid-air from hitting people only a few feet from them. But yet, with the train, his webbing clearly has some serious stretching capabilities. Preposterous.

16) EVERY Aunt May scene should have been deleted. Farcical.

17) Spidey's suit in the garbage? At least sell it on Ebay and get some of the rent money! Outrageous.

18) Kirsten Dunst just sucks. Every scene should have been wacked. Overrated!

19) Spidey's powers fading? Huh? Yea right.

20) Osbourn's scenes? Come on. I thought we last saw him attneding college and now he is head of his father's company? Which was supposed to get canned due to lack of funding in the first movie? Hello? Can you say board of directors?

21) So are we to think Osbourn will be the next GG after discovering his father's "stuff"? The last thing I want to see is another Spidey movie with the GG in it. Deplorable.

22) MJ's hubby and marriage scenes? Ugh!

23) The slow scenes sooooooooooooo sucked.

24) Soundtrack was bad.

25) I am tired of Stan Lee. Don't know why but just am and when he appeared in that cameo I almost stopped ruminating my popcorn.

Some things were cool. I did like the train scene but I "knew" exactly what was going to happen. I loved EVERY JJJ scene. There were several Molina close-ups that really reminded me of DO. That is about it. I didn't find much else to like.

OK, there is my antiphon. Again, just my opinion and I appreciate all those that did respond. I am a Spider-Man fan and enjoyed the first movie to a certain extent. I thin it is just one of those things where marketing/advertising raise my expectations and also the movie is created for young kids. I then go see it and rip it to shreds. I thought X-Men 2 sucked and the Hulk reallllllly sucked. DD was OK but one can only take so much Affleck. I have seen neither Hellboy, nor Punisher. League was very average although the Jekyll/Hyde character was fantastic. Although certainly not great, I did appreciate the angles in Unbreakable. Catwoman looks rediculous and I hate Halle Berry. Spawn was no good. I did not mind the two Blade movies at all, especially the second. I also enjoyed the Mask because of the crazy humor, dredged from cartoons, was that which I watched as a child. Too bad Cameron Diaz is the most overrated hottie in the world. For its time, I liked Flash Gordon and the same can be said for the Superman, Batman, and Conan movies.

These beers are piling up and it is time for nigh' nigh'. The naysayers should be adding their posts quickly. I still don't get that mountain climber stuff and what was all that about Independence Day? lol.

BTW - Does anyone else have a cat that likes beer? Strange felid indeed.

Get a taste....

OK - I had my chuckle - now to address individually:

1) Aunt May hanging from a building by her cane? Come on, how bogus!

Someone being bitten by a radioactive spider and getting super-powers is the premise and you complain about Aunt May hangin from her umbrella?

2) Parker running slow-mo and his face contorting. Derisory.

What scene was this? (you really need to lost the subjective and be objective when assessing - don;t expect anyone to be in your head and knowing what you are ref'ing.

3) Very few obviously intended humor scenes were funny. Ludicrous.

Examples are needed. This is just a longer way of saying "it sucked"

4) Osbourn was all mad at Spider-Man for alledgedly killing his father the GG, but I thought he was impaled by his own Glider. So, how could he carry such h8red for Spider-Man AND such animosity towards Parker, his best friend?!? Risible.

Did you SEE Spidey 1? He saw Spidey putting his father dead, on the bed or couch or whatever.

5) Train scene bystanders may not have had cameras, but what about cell phones WITH cameras? Daffy.

Sure - you be in a racing train, heading for destruction, and let's see how dry your panties are. Cell phones with cameras?

6) No kids would make such adult statements at the end of the train scene. Very jerky.

Jerky how? Again - you just are making a longer "it sucked" - you have to explain your reasons and you don't.

7) Weren't there 3 mega falls for Parker in which he walked away scratch free? Huh? I think one involved him landing on his back from several stories. No injuries? Dropping a tarantula on his back from 6 feet can be fatal. Droll.

Droll? You obviously did not get what was going on. Parker's loss of power was not physical - it was purely psychological. The things he COULD control he started losing. But the inherent qualtites such as damage resistence are part of his physicality, not his psyche.

8) Why was DO making so much noise whenever he walked? He was wanted all over the city and he is crashing all over like Godzilla. Totally stupid and they would be able to find him in a second if he made such noise. Preposterous.

Maybe because no one would have been able to stop him? If you were pretty invincible to the avareage human, which incoudes police etc., would you be skulking around? And another note - it was NOT Doc who was doing that but Doc under the control of the AI.

9) DO's new lab was waaaaay rediculous. Wasn't it out near the water in some abandoned boat house or wharehouse. ?? Yea, no one could find him there. Nonsensical.

See 8 above.

10) What was with the landlord's daughter? She was skanky and had nothing to do with the movie. ??? Queer.

Maybe not yet. Maybe later. At the very least, n that film, it showed one apparantly vulnerable person (the daughter) relating to another vulnerable person (Parker).

11) There is no way an usher would have acted that way to Parker about not getting into the play. Impossible.

How many plays, operas, concerts or anything like that have you actually attended? I assure you such behavior is not unheard of.

12) The dinner scene with DO and his wife. Why the quick talking? Bizarre.

Quick talk is sometimes a sign of complete understanding. Of two minds meshing so well hat thoughts are understood almost before they are expressed.

13) Unfinished tracks? Sappy.

Not unfinished. They had to end somehwre. but before that end the treain would be scheduled to have stopped and be re-routed back. Or do you envision every train track circling the globe and returing to itself?

14) How could DO obtain all new equipment w/o anyone knowing about it? His suppliers weren't aware of the current events? Laughable.

Ever hear of kickback?

15) Spidey's web stops a vehicle on a dime in mid-air from hitting people only a few feet from them. But yet, with the train, his webbing clearly has some serious stretching capabilities. Preposterous.

No - consider mass and velocity. A car going at city speeds vs a full train at top speed? A preposterous comparison.

16) EVERY Aunt May scene should have been deleted. Farcical.

Again - no reasons - just a differently phrased "it sucked"

17) Spidey's suit in the garbage? At least sell it on Ebay and get some of the rent money! Outrageous.

Too dumb to reply to beyond this.

18) Kirsten Dunst just sucks. Every scene should have been wacked. Overrated!

Again - no reasons - just a differently phrased "it sucked"

19) Spidey's powers fading? Huh? Yea right.

As was brought up by my humble self in #7 - Parker's affliction was not physuical but psychological.

20) Osbourn's scenes? Come on. I thought we last saw him attneding college and now he is head of his father's company? Which was supposed to get canned due to lack of funding in the first movie? Hello? Can you say board of directors?

A warranted assumption would be inheritance after his father's death.

21) So are we to think Osbourn will be the next GG after discovering his father's "stuff"? The last thing I want to see is another Spidey movie with the GG in it. Deplorable.

Ever hear of Hobgoblin?

22) MJ's hubby and marriage scenes? Ugh!

Again again again - no reasons - just a differently phrased "it sucked"

23) The slow scenes sooooooooooooo sucked.

Again again again again - no reasons - just a differently phrased "it sucked"

24) Soundtrack was bad.

Define soundtrack. Music? Effects? Mixing? What?

25) I am tired of Stan Lee. Don't know why but just am and when he appeared in that cameo I almost stopped ruminating my popcorn.

Again again again again again - no reasons - just a differently phrased "it sucked"

Some things were cool. I did like the train scene but I "knew" exactly what was going to happen. I loved EVERY JJJ scene. There were several Molina close-ups that really reminded me of DO. That is about it. I didn't find much else to like.

OK, there is my antiphon. Again, just my opinion and I appreciate all those that did respond. I am a Spider-Man fan and enjoyed the first movie to a certain extent. I thin it is just one of those things where marketing/advertising raise my expectations and also the movie is created for young kids. I then go see it and rip it to shreds. I thought X-Men 2 sucked and the Hulk reallllllly sucked. DD was OK but one can only take so much Affleck. I have seen neither Hellboy, nor Punisher. League was very average although the Jekyll/Hyde character was fantastic. Although certainly not great, I did appreciate the angles in Unbreakable. Catwoman looks rediculous and I hate Halle Berry. Spawn was no good. I did not mind the two Blade movies at all, especially the second. I also enjoyed the Mask because of the crazy humor, dredged from cartoons, was that which I watched as a child. Too bad Cameron Diaz is the most overrated hottie in the world. For its time, I liked Flash Gordon and the same can be said for the Superman, Batman, and Conan movies.

These beers are piling up and it is time for nigh' nigh'. The naysayers should be adding their posts quickly. I still don't get that mountain climber stuff and what was all that about Independence Day? lol.

BTW - Does anyone else have a cat that likes beer? Strange felid indeed.

Get a taste....

Now tell us all who you really are. I think I know because your additional observations are perfectly stupified.

Your signature just reminded me of something else that sucked... the lady singing the Spider-Man song. lol. Another reason to avoid seeing this movie in a theater. Wait for the DVD, at least then you can skip the slow scenes which sucked. Oh yea, I forgot to give a reason why they sucked... THEY WERE SLOW. For those that can not read contextually, slow means boring. foreheadslap.gif

Your signature just reminded me of something else that sucked... the lady singing the Spider-Man song. lol. Another reason to avoid seeing this movie in a theater. Wait for the DVD, at least then you can skip the slow scenes which sucked. Oh yea, I forgot to give a reason why they sucked... THEY WERE SLOW. For those that can not read contextually, slow means boring. foreheadslap.gif

Hmmm - slow means boring - the man/men or woman/women in your life must be REALLY confused and frustrated.

::edit for the last 2 words::

I'm gonna regret saying this but I agree sorta agree with TOH. I didn't care for S2. I thought it was done well, I just didn't think it was interesting. It was like watching Ultimate Spider-man, the movie. At least it was better than most comic book movies, but not very interesting.

It would be amusing if TOH was actually a shill of JC. Since JC has said he likes S2, what if he didn't and had to express his disdain for the movie this way. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think for whatever reason you are trying REAL hard to be disliked by everyone here. I think its working, so congratulations.

As to your points, some are agreeable, but youre really trying too hard with most of them. ANy movie tends to suck proportionately to how good you expect it to be. You seem to blame the marketing for raising your expectations. But you also say you have dislike EVEY recent comic book based movie - - so why the surprise that you didnt like this one???

Heres some advice: dont go to any more comic book movies!!! Trust me, youll be disappointed.

and try posting in a disgruntled movie-goers website. You;ll fit right in. Unless thats not what you really want...??