• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Slab or not to Slab? Low-Grade keys....

46 posts in this topic

Slab the keys because in most cases they will continue to increase in value. A copy of Daredevil 1 has room for growth and slabbed mid grade copies are commanding $1000. It would probably be a good idea to throw yours in a slab as it provides potential buyers a sense of security.

selling raws on eBay is a lose-lose for the seller

That's an understatement. If you are selling any raw book worth anything on ebay you may as well toss a check in the package worth half the final bid because that is what you will be extorted into forking over once the buyer gets the book in the mail and claims that your version of a VG is a VG-.

thats why i started telling people to bid on my books as if they were in the poor to fair range even though they were in vg-f range. did not lose money on them but they didn't sell for what a slabbed copy would have sold for. im just going to slab every book i get now